Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 20
    • Dewpoint
    • By Dewpoint 14th Oct 16, 6:55 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Day 4: my FD Regular savings account was finally opened, but only after they were prompted to do it.
    Day 5: the regular savings account still not showing in the online system.

When I opened a similar regular savings account with Nationwide, all this was done and dusted within 24hrs, and the deposit was earning interest from day1!

I have no particular affiliation or loyalty to Nationwide, but I do know when I'm getting good and shoddy service. BTW - NW pays the same 5% for regular savings, so FD is not the "market leader".
    The fact remains, banks answer to shareholders while building societies are accountable to their members!
    Last edited by Dewpoint; 14-10-2016 at 7:00 AM.
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 14th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 1,538 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Day 5: the regular savings account still not showing in the online system.
    Originally posted by Dewpoint
    It does take a couple of days before it shows in online banking. Mine was showing on the FD app for two days before it was visible online.
    • Dewpoint
    • By Dewpoint 14th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    It has taken 5 days so far and my new account is still not visible online. I think we (and MSE) should stop making excuses for shoddy service. Their customer service, and online system from my experience is sub-standard.
    • Dewpoint
    • By Dewpoint 16th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Day 7: Still no visibility of my Regular Saver on FD website even though they promised it would be visible "with 48 hrs" on the 13th Oct.
    A similar Regular Savings account opened last month with Nationwide was done and dusted in 24 hrs.
    So, I'm beginning to take MSE recommendations on "Customer Feedback" surveys with a rather large pinch of salt!
    • elcloud
    • By elcloud 20th Oct 16, 6:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just noticed this on the Leeds BS website :-

Maximum operating balance £6,000 (excluding accrued interest). If the balance exceeds £6,000 (excluding accrued interest) the interest rate that shall apply to the whole balance will be 0.50% Gross‡p.a/AER† (variable).

Presumably that means after 2 years of paying in £250 per month, you would have to use your one annual withdrawal to remove £3000 every year!

Also the MSE page says it can be opened AND operated online. The Leeds page says it can only be operated in branch or by post.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,657Posts Today

6,770Users online

Martin's Twitter