IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
landybridal - am I a bit dim???
Closed Thread
Views: 4,390
# 1
celticsprite
Old 01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default landybridal - am I a bit dim???

hi,

I've been looking at the various threads on this board & I'm getting confused - easy done, but there you go!!

People are saying that Landybridal & asapbuy are the same company - but when I've looked on ebay, the feedback for landybridal belongs to prettydabby (who only has 49 feedbacks) - when you click on their items for sale the sign says welcome to asapbay

Asapbay has 1392 feedbacks - why would you use another name when you've got such a good reputation as asapbay? :confused:

I wonder what's going on? (I've just recently been ripped off by favorfrenzy.com on ebay, so maybe I'm just a tad suspicious & looking for problems that aren't there )

Please help my brain, as it's starting to hurt now!

Thanks in advance,

Celticsprite xxx
# 2
paddingtondoo
Old 01-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

As far as I'm aware the website for asapbay is http://www.landybridal.com/index.html

I haven't ever looked for Landybridal on eBay so can't comment on that.

I got my dress through her eBay shop but think some of the others have used her website.

HTH
Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

The Following User Says Thank You to paddingtondoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
celticsprite
Old 01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

hi paddingtondoo - thanks for that!! You've just put me at ease.

I've just used landybridal.com but had worried that I'd used a company that no-one had used before & the more I looked the more confusing it all became! :rolleyes:

As I know lots of people were delighted with their dress, I was just worried that I'd used the wrong one.

Found them really helpful & just wanted to check that I'd used the right one. I know I should've checked before I purchased, but I was having a panic

Thanks again,

Celticsprite
# 4
nannis
Old 02-06-2008, 7:54 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I got my dress from asapbay on ebay....the main lady is Landy who I assume is landybridal.com?

I am over the moon with my dress, hope you will be soon...
Celticsprite, How are the plans coming along??

Anna )
Mrs Storey xx

Last edited by nannis; 02-06-2008 at 7:56 AM. Reason: bad spelling!
# 5
celticsprite
Old 02-06-2008, 6:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default hi Nannis,

Hi,

Hitting the panic button now! Only went dress shopping last week & could not get what I wanted (who knew ipswich would be so bad! - but then I hadn't done any research before I went, so that couldn't have helped:rolleyes: tried all the usual suspects like debenhams, Bhs etc & nobody in Ipswich's main streets had anything.)

I've asked Landy to merge the 2 dresses I liked, so got a bit panicked later on when there seemed to be so many different landybridal's going about

Funnily enough I thought of you when I was shopping 'cos I knew you'd been more organised & wouldn't have the last minute rush that I had

How're things going @ your side?

CS
# 6
nannis
Old 02-06-2008, 8:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Im sure Landy will do a fab job ) ... I will email you a pic of my dress if you like?

We are almost sorted now, am seeing the cake lady soon, got the rings etc..Still got to get Callum and my nephew suited and booted, but am leaving that as long as possible to allow for growth!

Just trying to shift a few pounds now to make myself feel more comfy on the day....am so excited its unbelievable!

Did you get the venue decorating sorted out? Hope so....We have decided to rope all the day guests into coming to the venue and helping to decorate!

I did call around a few bridal shops before ordering online...they were all shocked that I was a size 24 and wanted to come and try dresses on!! like how dare you be getting married at such a large size!! some people!!
Mrs Storey xx

# 7
OberonSH
Old 02-06-2008, 9:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Aww you poor thing - I think that's terrible. Doesn't matter what size you are, you deserve to look stunning on your wedding day.

I think we'd have trouble stopping the family from heloing with the decorations. I might have a crack at a balloon arch - found instructions on the interweb.
This year I'm getting organised once and for all, and going to buy a house with my wonderful other half. And that' s final!

Current Pay Off Target : £1500
# 8
celticsprite
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannis View Post
Im sure Landy will do a fab job ) ... I will email you a pic of my dress if you like?
Hi, that would be great! I've got my cake organised (my friend's doing it for me), can't believe that I've got one thing done that you haven't

We thought we had the kilts sorted, but that's hit a glitch, so need to get started on that again soon. (we're 1 short - but we've told him if he doesn't want to wear a kilt he can wear ye olde style scouting shorts!)

Quote:
I did call around a few bridal shops before ordering online...they were all shocked that I was a size 24 and wanted to come and try dresses on!! like how dare you be getting married at such a large size!! some people!!
I can't believe they were so outrageous, but obviously in todays climate they can afford to turn away business :confused: Know what you mean about trying on wedding dresses - I'm beginning to wonder if mine looked good, 'cause I was stood on a small stepladder! It might all be different when I'm no longer over 7 ft tall. I'd been dreading it for ages & just wanted to go somewhere I could try things on and not be pressurised. That's why I wanted to go to debs or bhs! In fact if I could've tried things on without taking my coat off that would've been better! Here's hoping Landy works her magic on me

Re trying to lose weight, I'm the same - trying, but finding the stress makes me want to eat more but only junk food will do

I have no doubt the kids will look superb, Callum's a good looking kid anyway - though you might need to wrap him in a sack to make sure he doesn't outshine the bride! Kids look great all smartened up don't they? Little imps

I don't know whether I'm excited or terrified. Got piles of stuff to decorate the room now. Reckoned at that companies prices I can afford to pay for the stuff & keep it, rather than hire. It will probably all be in the charity shop - except for those bits and bobs that have been reserved already

CS
# 9
skintchick
Old 03-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Send a message via MSN to skintchick

Quote:

We are almost sorted now, am seeing the cake lady soon, got the rings etc..Still got to get Callum and my nephew suited and booted, but am leaving that as long as possible to allow for growth!

Just trying to shift a few pounds now to make myself feel more comfy on the day....am so excited its unbelievable!

Did you get the venue decorating sorted out? Hope so....We have decided to rope all the day guests into coming to the venue and helping to decorate!

I got a similar reaction because I didn;t want a strapless dress! Think a lot of these shops are just rude, regardless. Don't let them get to you.
DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007
married 21 6 08 Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014!
# 10
loulabelle44
Old 03-06-2008, 9:20 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skintchick View Post
Think a lot of these shops are just rude, regardless. Don't let them get to you.
Indeed. Chances are, if you're reading this thread, that you're not planning to order through a bridal shop anyway, but just trying things on for inspiration.

Remember that you're the bride, so you're the boss!
# 11
madfrenchgirl
Old 27-05-2009, 9:55 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Spam alert!
"Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
It's only teenage wasteland"
The Who - Baba O'Riley
Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
RIP John Entwistle
# 12
floss2
Old 27-05-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfrenchgirl View Post
Spam alert!
TBH, I don't think he was a spammer, as he actually said "I think they are a trustworthy supplier, don't worry too much" rather than the usual " I've found a website much better than them, look at this linky" ....and many newbies add their website to their signature before they realise it's against forum rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to floss2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
lindaatno9
Old 27-05-2009, 10:26 AM

But, look at the date of the original thread 03-06-2008!!!!
Think it is a "reassurance" response.
The Following User Says Thank You to lindaatno9 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
madfrenchgirl
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well, first off, you come on here and you are called exactly after your company. (Well Linda is nearly called after her company but not exactly like it). This is your first post ever and you do have your own company's website into your signature which is against forum rules.

I know you did not try to advertise your own products and I was too quick to react and should have thought about that first, sorry. In fact, you are saying that one of your competitors is very good. Not really spamming in itself but we have had a lot of people coming on here for advertising themselves instead of giving real good advice...
"Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
It's only teenage wasteland"
The Who - Baba O'Riley
Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
RIP John Entwistle
# 15
lindaatno9
Old 01-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfrenchgirl View Post
Well, first off, you come on here and you are called exactly after your company. (Well Linda is nearly called after her company but not exactly like it). This is your first post ever and you do have your own company's website into your signature which is against forum rules.

I know you did not try to advertise your own products and I was too quick to react and should have thought about that first, sorry. In fact, you are saying that one of your competitors is very good. Not really spamming in itself but we have had a lot of people coming on here for advertising themselves instead of giving real good advice...
Yep, I fell into that trap when I first arrived. Wrists slapped, duly got the act together and discovered my knowledge was worth passing on to others. Hope it has helped too.
Did think links as signatures were not allowed. Bad ettiquette and can be seen as spamming.
As a company myself, wouldn't exactly stick up for anyone, but would remain impartial unless I was exceptionally friendly or if they passed work over to me in which case I would be supporting their every move.:rolleyes:
It is always good for ladies to come here and share their great experiences, as it is good to share the bad ones.
As for usernames, I'm totally uselss and not very imaginative.
# 16
listenone
Old 27-07-2011, 8:33 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Love the dress!

Hi, i know the brdal store, most of the pictures are taken from the real dresses made from them.
they also have large collection of designer dresses.
i also purchased my wedding dress from landybridal
just received the wedding dress! Guess what, they're gorgeous and comfortable fit. love it!
# 17
ZebrasMum
Old 30-07-2011, 10:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I had a very bad experience with Landybridal - once they had my money they did not want to know. I would not recommend it to my enemy.
Closed Thread