Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Orange flame in gas cooker
    • 29th May 08, 6:28 PM
    Orange flame in gas cooker 29th May 08 at 6:28 PM
    sorry i wasnt sure where to ask this

ive turned gas cooker on tonight and there is a very orange flame, more orange than blue, ive never cooked with gas before i moved into this house so not sure if its just dirt etc (ive quickly looked online) or something a bit more serious, ive had a few troubles recently with lighting it or it going out pretty soon after ive shut the door

i dont want to upset/annoy my landlady since i moved in a window and door handle has already been replaced (though this was orevious tennant) also a new boiler was fitted when i moved in so i assume british gas checked the gas cooker over

can anyone point me in right direction?
    DFW nerd club number 039 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb 6,247.98/6282.80
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target 4k + cb 643.89 /6412.80
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

2,698Users online

Martin's Twitter