Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 4
    • chocolatepennyfarthing
    • By chocolatepennyfarthing 10th Oct 12, 10:50 AM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 416 Thanks
    Anyone know any other sites from ebay and Amazon to look on for 2nd hand text book?
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget 350 - Spent 64.45 to date
    • The_Jakal
    • By The_Jakal 27th Nov 12, 5:27 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 2,892 Thanks
    Anyone know any other sites from ebay and Amazon to look on for 2nd hand text book?
    Originally posted by chocolatepennyfarthing
    You obviously have all the large companies such as Blackwells and AbeBooks.

I think a couple of sites have tried to corner the market but have not really excelled due to low volume!
  • jennieokee
    Thanks for the links - very useful
    Thanks alot for this links these are very useful as I have been stressing out about things like this for a while!
  • Ideye is a good resource for students from all over the world.
    You can find out a useful information about different sides of the student life there.
  • sally_80
    [SIZE=4][B]Links that you may find useful:-

Where should I put my money? Who will offer me the best overdraft?
    Read Martin's article Top Student Bank Accounts 2007/2008
    Originally posted by wirm
    I have to say I have been extremely happy with my Santander student account. I have never had a problem with Santander and have been with them all my life.

I especially find the online banking helpful as a student. it makes it much easier to see what you have left from home and to be more efficient with your money.
  • gaikami
    Hi I am a student of higher secondary.I am working on Pinterest Analytics.I am very glad to join here.It is very helpful to me.
  • Jamal64
    Hey guys,

Came across this really cool site, loads of interships and jobs from great companies. Check it out, membership is free.
  • ham5712
    Hello everyone. I am new here..
    Need sometime to familiarize..
    Good Day!
  • kukrit01
    Thank you ^^
  • bpjames
    Thanks for sharing all links as it's very important for students who are new in UK and doesn't aware about system. I am new in London and just arrived 2 weeks ago.
  • joe66688
    uni survival guide
    I read a really funny article on surviving the first year of uni. It's got loads of helpful though.
    Hope this helps!
    • Rebecca Palmer
    • By Rebecca Palmer 2nd Dec 14, 1:02 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Rebecca Palmer
    Hi, everything in here are such a useful posts. I really appreciate those who make such effort to help the students. This could do a lot of help for some of their queries.This is indeed beneficial!
    • muzzy247
    • By muzzy247 27th Sep 15, 10:38 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dropped of university over 13 years ago and i want to go back
    hi guys need some advice as well me my self i dropped out of uni back in 2003 after i done 3 years and i had only the exam and few modules to complete and few course work but i dropped out of uni, as i had personal things and i was stressed and depressed and i could not continue or concentrate at all... now after more than 14 years i am settled now..wife and kids and everything is sorted it took me quite few years to get my life in order...i now want to go back to uni to earn my degree but i want to do a different course from what i was doing before...i was doing computer science but now i no longer want to do that i want to go and study business management and marketing as i am more in to business now and want to start up my own business as well..when i started uni i did take the student loans but since then i was not able to pay as i never got a steady job or any job which paid more than what the requirement here comes thee questions...if i want to go to uni...and do the course i want..what will the university require from me to i am ready to even start foundation course or access course..will the student finance accept to pay for the tuition fee only as that its what i require and in need of assistance even thought i am not or have not been able to pay the previous loan..but as i know this time i am ready to commit and to finish off and earn a degree..please only give appropriate answer if you know the proper and right information as i want to know the right info and i have been informed this its the best place i cant get answers to questions i require..thank you
    • hasan459
    • By hasan459 3rd Feb 16, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    i am trying for student loan.
    • MikeFivve
    • By MikeFivve 8th Sep 16, 1:48 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Thank you for that!
    • its a secret 66
    • By its a secret 66 11th Sep 16, 8:11 PM
    • 1,238 Posts
    • 24,398 Thanks
    its a secret 66
    i need help on finding cheap student contents insurance please

the best i've found so far has been HSBC (through Norwich Union)
    i've tried endsleigh and so far but they were all way high
    Originally posted by fallenwiccan
    Hi my sons is covered on our household insurance. Theft has to show signs of a breaking in though.
    • CultureWhisper
    • By CultureWhisper 12th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Students can get cheaper theatre tickets with Ambassador Theatre Group! Prices are extremely reasonable and have some of the best theatre in the country!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

313Posts Today

2,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin