IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
I want EuroTunnel discount codes
Closed Thread
Views: 8,044
# 1
WOW Factor 0
curly cabbage
Old 23-04-2008, 1:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default I want EuroTunnel discount codes

About to book trip 21/8/08 (outward bound) and 31/8/08 (Inward bound) and notice a promtion code box, and was woundering if anybody had a vaild code to help bring down the cost a little.

Thanks in advance

CC
# 2
squidge
Old 24-04-2008, 10:47 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Discount for Speedferries

Nothing for the tunnel, but in last weeks mail on Sunday there was a discount code for Speedferries, vaild for all bookings until the 20th May made through their website.

Quote: mail_sun_1 for 20% off all basic tickets; mail_sun_2 for 20% discount off all flex tickets
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squidge For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
curly cabbage
Old 28-04-2008, 4:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidge View Post
Nothing for the tunnel, but in last weeks mail on Sunday there was a discount code for Speedferries, vaild for all bookings until the 20th May made through their website.

Quote: mail_sun_1 for 20% off all basic tickets; mail_sun_2 for 20% discount off all flex tickets

Thanks for that, but really looking for discounts for the tunnel as we are driving to Spain and don't want to lost a extre hour on the channel crossing's

CC
# 4
Bigglesw
Old 11-07-2008, 8:15 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hello

I too would like some as well :-) for early August.

BTW does anyone know the turn up and go price?

Bigglesw
# 5
shown73
Old 11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

A while ago, someone posted a code, but I have no idea if it works, never had a chance to try it. Anyway, the code was oo4474RIV, or 004474RIV most likely, which should be entered in the staff box. You didn't get this from me, of course....Sorry if this sort of thing is frowned on, not sure of the etiquette, but it is a potential money saving, after all, and it was on here that I saw it before.
# 6
polarbearit
Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Tried the tunnel codes above - no luck

I too want a code as the tunnel is far more reliable than ferries in my experience...
# 7
shown73
Old 11-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Sorry, it was a little while ago, and I suppose that the codes are changed regularly, for obvious reasons! Worth a try, anyway.
# 8
jaymac
Old 12-07-2008, 1:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

if you have tesco vouchers you can use those.
# 9
topmum
Old 12-07-2008, 2:39 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi folks
Eurotunnel do not do discount codes. Please do not use any staff codes as they do check and I do know of some folks who ended up being charged full whack by using them.

If you book far enough ahead youwill get the 49 each way fares. The turn up and go fares are full whack as well I am afraid.

Happy holidays
# 10
BernadetteN
Old 12-07-2008, 4:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shown73 View Post
A while ago, someone posted a code, but I have no idea if it works, never had a chance to try it. Anyway, the code was oo4474RIV, or 004474RIV most likely, which should be entered in the staff box. You didn't get this from me, of course....Sorry if this sort of thing is frowned on, not sure of the etiquette, but it is a potential money saving, after all, and it was on here that I saw it before.
That staff number belongs to someone, you haven't got it quite right anyway but it's similar to a staff code. However, I'd be livid if someone started posting my Eurotunnel staff code over the internet. There's a counter on how many discounted journeys staff and their friends can make over a short period, it's not much and the limit is there deliberately to prevent fraudulent use such as you are suggesting.

If you know a member of Eurotunnel staff or a sub-contractor, you are able to legitimately use someone's staff code ONLY WITH THEIR PERMISSION and you would have to name at check-in who gave you the code.

Staff discount is not that much anyway. A 24 hour return would cost me 42 instead of 50, a period return is also only a few quid cheaper.

If you want a cheap Eurotunnel fare, go at an unsocial time and be prepared to wait 2 or 3 hours for a shuttle. So really the time gained on the short journey can be lost quickly in waiting for a shuttle.
# 11
curly cabbage
Old 14-07-2008, 9:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

HI
Thanks for your help. In the end i brought the "10 single tickets for 39 each" so that if we travel peak time the max we'll pay will be 69 per crossing, which when i booked up the 1am train was 59 outwards and the inward train at approx 4pm was 99 and we only paid an extre 30 on top of the 78 return it was still cheaper. we will go back to spain another 2 times befor the 10 tickets run out and their will be the wine top up trips too. This worked well for us.

CC
Closed Thread