Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Funding a second undergrad degree
    • #1
    • 21st Apr 08, 12:43 AM
    Funding a second undergrad degree 21st Apr 08 at 12:43 AM
    Hi guys.

    I'm currently in the second year of an undergrad degree and am considering a second undergrad degree when I finish, so I guess now is the time to start gathering information. With me opting for student support for this degree I am ineligible for student support for a second degree so this is all about funding it.

    Now rough calculations suggest I will need approx 9k per academic year to fund myself. That's 3k for fees, 3 for accommodation and 3k for food and other necessities.

    Bank loans are a no no and my parents just cannot afford to support me. Basically I'm looking for advice from anyone who has done this themselves, knows someone who has done this or who can simply offer advice.

    I'm looking at taking Law with University of Manchester being my preferred location, however depending on bursaries/scholarships I would be willing to consider other universities (of course they have to accept me).

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thank you.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

7,415Users online

Martin's Twitter