Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    anne211981
    DLA, claim for higher rate mobility
    • 17th Apr 08, 6:51 PM
    DLA, claim for higher rate mobility 17th Apr 08 at 6:51 PM
    My husband has been on the lower rate care DLA for the last 5years. He has had one medical to get this rate. no medical has since been done.

His condition has greatly worsened. he suffers with a fused lower spine, fibromalgia (nervevouse system disorder) and COPD . He cannot walk without an aid or me being with him., he struggles with everyday tasks, and depends on me for a lot, although he hates it.

Anyway he has put in for the high rate mobility 3 times in the last 24 months and each time turned down regardless of hopsital and doctors notes stating his condition. This time we have appealed it which they say can take 11 weeks.

we have told that the case is with another decision maker! and if they think the outcome is right it wont even go to the appeal pannel.

what if anything can be done if this happens. and has this happened to anyone else?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

3,428Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin