Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Allexie
    Old Stylee window cleaning - ideas please!
    • 29th Aug 05, 8:22 AM
    Old Stylee window cleaning - ideas please! 29th Aug 05 at 8:22 AM
    Over the years I must have tried every commercial window-cleaning product known to person-kind...Windowlene, Sparkle, Mr Muscle etc, plus all the shops own-brands - but always with the same results After my exertions, and considering my windows clean and sparkling inside and out, I sit down with a cup of tea, (thus changing my viewing angle I guess), only to see loads of smears on the glass

Please can I have some instructions/methods/hints/tips for getting really clean and smear-free windows. Some of my windows face a main road so they get awful mucky/greasy/black gunk on them. I'm sure I've read on here about white vinegar, :rolleyes: and newspaper, (Posh paper or red-top ) but just how do you go about it? Do you clean with detergent first?

*** Pitter-patter, pitter-patter ....... hark, whose footsteps are those? Could it be St Squeaks the Domestic God?? ***
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 31-08-2005 at 3:36 PM.
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,997Posts Today

8,062Users online

Martin's Twitter