Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • geordie joe
    • 12th Apr 08, 8:14 PM
    • 12th Apr 08, 8:14 PM
    No, but a quick search comes up with this, time and time again

"Earn an extra 2000 without leaving your house! Get paid sending emails/letters."

One to avoid if you ask me!
  • spanglish
    • 12th Apr 08, 11:27 PM
    • 12th Apr 08, 11:27 PM
    The following is taken from http://www.homeworkinguk.com/scam.htm and relates to Webcrome. They had to remove the company name because Webcrome earn enough from this scam to threaten legal action to anyone publishing any bad publicity about them:

I came across an advert in the Loot paper, advertising for homeworkers. This advert seemed very genuine, and stated that they pay a rate of 1.60 per every envelope stuffed plus 5.00 commission on every order. This i thought seemed very ideal for me as i was in desperate need for an extra income. However now i feel so stupid and nieve, to not for one minute think that this was a scam. After sending off a S.A.E to the company i got a letter back (the next day to my surprise). The letter seemed so believeable, stating that i could earn up to 200- 500 per week. This was more money than i earned in a month, and i was in so much debt that i thought this was a great oppurtunity! They asked for a registration fee of 50 plus 4.99 post and packing. This i thought was rather a lot for a reg fee, but i was so desperate to make all that money that i just did it. Anyway they said i would get my deposit back after i sent my first 50 envelopes out (i still feel sick to my stomach when thinking about how much they tricked me), and a few days ago i received an envelope containing a number of adverts and leaflets, of the same advert that i found in the paper. So basically i paid 50 to scam other people. I feel so upset and angry as that was 50 i didn't have to give.
  • hardtimes
    • 13th Apr 08, 8:12 PM
    • 13th Apr 08, 8:12 PM
    The following is taken from http://www.homeworkinguk.com/scam.htm and relates to Webcrome. They had to remove the company name because Webcrome earn enough from this scam to threaten legal action to anyone publishing any bad publicity about them:

I came across an advert in the Loot paper, advertising for homeworkers. This advert seemed very genuine, and stated that they pay a rate of 1.60 per every envelope stuffed plus 5.00 commission on every order. This i thought seemed very ideal for me as i was in desperate need for an extra income. However now i feel so stupid and nieve, to not for one minute think that this was a scam. After sending off a S.A.E to the company i got a letter back (the next day to my surprise). The letter seemed so believeable, stating that i could earn up to 200- 500 per week. This was more money than i earned in a month, and i was in so much debt that i thought this was a great oppurtunity! They asked for a registration fee of 50 plus 4.99 post and packing. This i thought was rather a lot for a reg fee, but i was so desperate to make all that money that i just did it. Anyway they said i would get my deposit back after i sent my first 50 envelopes out (i still feel sick to my stomach when thinking about how much they tricked me), and a few days ago i received an envelope containing a number of adverts and leaflets, of the same advert that i found in the paper. So basically i paid 50 to scam other people. I feel so
    upset and angry as that was 50 i didn't have to give.
    Originally posted by spanglish

Thanks for the warning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,583Posts Today

6,994Users online

Martin's Twitter