Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • whatatwit
    • By whatatwit 26th Apr 07, 7:59 PM
    • 5,387 Posts
    • 15,339 Thanks
    whatatwit
    • 26th Apr 07, 7:59 PM
    • 26th Apr 07, 7:59 PM
    I do have a recipe somewhere....(famous last words), but, until it appears I'll try and remember what I can.

Finely chop an onion.
    Mix that with the quorn mince and some chopped herbs.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Beat an egg and add a little at a time to the quorn mixture mixing it in.

When the mix sticks together, get a small amount in your hands and form into a ball.
    Put into the fridge to chill until needed.

Put a tomato sauce/passata mix into a pan and add the meatballs and cook through.

I've not tried this with Quorn, so can't really comment on how well it will stick together in a ball shape. :confused:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 26th Apr 07, 8:10 PM
    • 17,526 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    • 26th Apr 07, 8:10 PM
    • 26th Apr 07, 8:10 PM
    There's a recipe for slimming world meatballs posted by Fiesty Fairy here that uses quorn and another one here posted by consultant1 who is a slimming world consultant that uses meat of your choice so I imagine you could substitute with quorn.

Pink
    Last edited by Pink.; 26-04-2007 at 8:16 PM.
  • sianb84
    • 26th Apr 07, 8:51 PM
    • 26th Apr 07, 8:51 PM
    whatatwit - thanks I will give those a try

pink-winged - unfortuntely the first link is for using the pre-made meatballs. I will try the recipe in the second link if whatatwit's doesn't work.

Thank you
  • dutchy
    • 1st Apr 08, 6:22 PM
    Quorn Balls
    • 1st Apr 08, 6:22 PM
    A quick question; does anybody know if it's possible to make meatball style things out of Quorn mince or TVP please? Any ideas or recipes? Would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • floyd
    • 1st Apr 08, 6:28 PM
    • 1st Apr 08, 6:28 PM
    I cheat and buy the Quorn ready made swedish meatballs as I could never get them to stick with egg/breadcrumbs even tried sweet potato mashed up but they just fell apart. Would love to know if anyone has done it successfully
    • catkins
    • By catkins 10th Apr 08, 11:13 AM
    • 4,948 Posts
    • 10,192 Thanks
    catkins
    • 10th Apr 08, 11:13 AM
    Meatballs using quorn mince?
    • 10th Apr 08, 11:13 AM
    I keep seeing that Jamie Oliver ad and for some reason it has made me fancy meatballs and pasta!! I don't eat meat but wondered if it is possible to use quorn mince. Has anyone got a recipe I could use?
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 10th Apr 08, 11:16 AM
    • 11,428 Posts
    • 23,685 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    • 10th Apr 08, 11:16 AM
    • 10th Apr 08, 11:16 AM
    This was mentioned on the million ways with menice type thread a week or so ago, so somebodys tried it. I would like to try this too - excellent for Slimming World green days - OH would love me forever!
    New to Comping; 12 tubes of Pringles, Paul Mitchell Travel Kit....
    Terramundi = £658.80
    August Supermarket Challenge £250/£109.47
  • aimme13
    • 10th Apr 08, 4:57 PM
    • 10th Apr 08, 4:57 PM
    Quorn meatballs are yummy the ones they sell ready made and as far as I know very low in fat
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 10th Apr 08, 5:07 PM
    • 13,031 Posts
    • 114,296 Thanks
    lil_me
    http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/5/1/2916593.html

But yes you can buy Quorn Meatballs ready made. Surely a veggie burger recipe but rolled into ball would work?
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
  • Lyndsay_21
    also asda do a meat free meatball which are loads better than quorn and much cheaper
  • jj171
    I use Sosmix for meat free meat balls.

Sosmix is a dry sausage mix - just add water - then its just like sausage meat. You can add spices, tomato paste and so on. Its great -very versatile. May sound a bit weird - but its really rather yummy.

It also makes good sausage pie and caserole.
    JJ
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 10th Apr 08, 10:32 PM
    • 11,428 Posts
    • 23,685 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    Just found the Quorn swedish meatballs are on offer at Sainsburys - 95p, Not OS but might help someone?
    New to Comping; 12 tubes of Pringles, Paul Mitchell Travel Kit....
    Terramundi = £658.80
    August Supermarket Challenge £250/£109.47
    • AlwaysHappy
    • By AlwaysHappy 7th Feb 09, 9:26 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 11,486 Thanks
    AlwaysHappy
    How do I make quorn meatballs?
    I'm vegetarian but the rest of the family aren't. My son loves meatballs (as would I) and wondered how to make quorn ones. I usually cook the minced quorn from frozen so don't know whether to defrost it first before making. Advice appreciated.
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 7th Feb 09, 9:35 PM
    • 6,064 Posts
    • 19,314 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    I've never tried it, but I'd defrost it first, then use an egg to bind it.
    • cte1111
    • By cte1111 7th Feb 09, 9:36 PM
    • 6,703 Posts
    • 335,241 Thanks
    cte1111
    You can buy Swedish style quorn meatballs sometimes in the supermarkets, I've bought them from tesco b4, if you don't have any luck making them.
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 7th Feb 09, 9:40 PM
    • 17,526 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Hi AlwaysHappy,

This thread may help:

Meatballs using quorn mince?

I'll merge your thread with that one later to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,903Posts Today

7,005Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin