IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Ryanair Telephone Number
Views: 70,140
# 1
WOW Factor 0
BurntOut
Old 28-03-2008, 1:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Ryanair Telephone Number

After Ryanair changed a flight on me to an earlier time I decided to cancel and get a refund as the new time didnt suit, this has been well over a month now and I havent heard anything from them and the flight will be happening shortly.

Does anyone know a telephone number where you can actually get to speak to someone and not just automated or fax lines?????

Many Thanx If You Can Help
Premium Bond Saver

Norn Iron Club Member 376
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
CODEBREAKER
Old 28-03-2008, 1:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

l would call the resivation line they should put through http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....T&div=call_ctr
# 3
it'smeinit
Old 28-03-2008, 2:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi try these. I found them on http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

+353 12497791
0871 2460000

Hope this helps.
Everyday above ground is a bonus!!
# 4
Francophile
Old 28-03-2008, 3:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Caroline Green, Head of Customer Services for Ryanair can be contacted at greenc@ryanair.com and that the geographical telephone number for its head office in Dublin is 00 353 18121212
Member #7 SKI-ers Club
Norn Ireland Club Member 215
The Following User Says Thank You to Francophile For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
greywillow
Old 14-05-2008, 8:39 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

thanks for the information on Ryanair, I am also having trouble, if you call them with a complaint their reservation staff just put the phone down, even if you are speaking to a supervisor - she just put the phone down, and then, to crown it all, you cannot get through to them - you just get the caller has hung up the line........
will try getting through to them by e mail....
# 6
Charminggent77
Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ryanair Contact number

There was a typo in one letter in my First name on my confirmation. Luckily I spotted it days before traveling. I tried to change using the manage booking on the internet and it came up with an 80 pounds charge to do a name change. I tried calling the UK number 0871 246 0000 but it wasn't working (didn't ring- just went dead) I called this 00 353 18121212 from this site. After about 10 mins on hold I spoke to customer rep. She changed it for free in less than a minute which was impressive. Its my 1st time flying Ryanair apart from not having a decent UK number or email on the site; they seem ok. I probably have to wait till I fly before I come to conclusions but they seem to have a bad rep.
# 7
allforless
Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ryanair telephone number

Hi,
I've had lots of problems with trying to book a flight and not additional duplicates. Anyway this is the only number that I could get through on.

00 353 12480856 (ireland).

I tried all the others listed above and on the websites and this is the only one that worked. Good Luck!
# 8
Jonny0000
Old 24-05-2010, 9:09 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Ryanair Refunds

Was due to fly to Italy with Ryanair this Wednesday. With all the travel disruption the flight was moved several times so I applied for a refund via the 'refund' application advised on their email.

It says it can take up to 30 days to go through, (applied 10 days ago) but no email to confirm refund application had been received on their part.

I then start to receive their check in emails this morning suggesting they have now received my refund application.

As it stands I don't know whether Ryanair are going to provide a refund as it states 'Applications for Refunds must be submitted before the flight departure date'. This I have but I have no way of telling whether it's been received.

One (more) automated email on Ryanair's part could save a lot of hassle. With all things going on this uncertainty is terrible customer service in my opinion.
# 9
s2law
Old 14-06-2010, 4:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I got them on 08712460000

Eventually!!

Actually I'm still currently holding and into my 8th minute

I booked online to fly to spain, then received an email saying that they had double booked me. I then called to get a refund and they said because of the ash cloud it could take upto 30 days. I wasn't happy about this as that meant I'd actually been to spain and come back before they had refunded my money. This was on the 27th May 2010, and as such I wrote a complaint letter.

On the 28th I received an email stating that I would have a full refund within 7-10 working days....

Well today is the 14th of June and still no sign of my refund according to my bank! This error was not caused by an ash cloud, I wasn't re-allocated, and they haven't even honoured their 2nd agreement to have my money back! I'm still holding by the way and into my 14th minute. The last thing I want to hear on the phone is details of what other fantastic services they can offer! Just give me my bloody money back!!!!

I will update this thread but beware, my only experience has been AWFUL and I will make a point to NEVER DEAL WITH RYAN AIR AGAIN. Apart from my flight on friday God I hope it doesn't crash like all the rest of their systems!?!?!

A very disgruntled 1st and last time customer

Finally answered after 22 minutes (nearly half my lunch hour!) to be told it was placed in the refund que and can take upto 30 days!!!!!

At this point I lost it and asked them to clarify how they can advise me a full refund will arrive in 7 days, yet place me on a que for upto 30!? I then requested to speak to a manager who then advised that I would be refunded (in this one instance) either between 48 hours and 7 days!!! This is already 16 days after I was advised that I was being refunded.

As I'm due to fly on friday I asked if they would compensate me and pay my holiday money if I didn't have it in time for my flight. The girls response at this time was 'if you're unhappy I suggest you write a complaint letter'. My blood was already boiling.

As a team leader in a customer services role I am flabbergasted by their lack of care or concern for customers who have already logged an official complaint.

I WILL NEVER USE RYAN AIR AGAIN - AND I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EITHER!!

Last edited by s2law; 14-06-2010 at 4:47 PM. Reason: Update....
# 10
Diego Shock
Old 15-06-2010, 11:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi
There I received this email yesterday after believing i was due a refund.
My out going flight got cancelled and i applied for as refund as the journey was now void for me.
Do i not have any grounds for complaint to get my money back?

Following your recent correspondence to us regarding booking confirmation number XXXXXX

Ryanair tickets are fully flexible, however as stated in our fare rules, all tickets are non refundable.

As per our Terms and Conditions of Travel which are agreed to at the time of ticket purchase, passengers can change flights dates, times and routes by paying a change fee along with any fare difference applicable (subject to seat availability). These changes can made up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time of your outbound journey online at ryanairdotcom or via a Ryanair reservation centre (subject to centre opening hours).

Passenger name changes are also permitted via a Ryanair reservation centre (subject to centre opening hours or at the airport for £150.00/€150.00 (or local currency equivalent). Additionally this change can be made online for £100.00/€100.00.

No changes can be made to a reservation once a passenger has checked in for a flight.

Whilst we sympathise with your circumstances, we regret we are unable process a refund or issue you with a credit for your booked flights.

However, we would recommend that you contact your Travel Insurance Company regarding any possible claim.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Customer Services.
Unfortunately, email replies to this address cannot currently be accepted, responses can be sent by fax to Ryanair Customer Services on +353 1 5081702
[/I]
# 11
Diego Shock
Old 15-06-2010, 11:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

1) I did not check in as i was advised not to travel.
2) There was no available flights to suit my trip.
3) I had to wait over a month for this reply!

How can it saY
Ryanair tickets are fully flexible, however as stated in our fare rules, all tickets are non refundable.
yet some people are getting a refund?

Thanks,
D
# 12
n sharma
Old 08-03-2012, 5:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

ryanair is exasperating
they have given 08712460000 as contact @ 10 p per min
after holding for 20 minutes someone mumbled something and dropped the line
is ryanair living in today's world ?
are we safe in the air with such attitude ?
0035318121212 is another number @ international call rates.they refuse to help
we must boycott this airline
# 13
HoofeHearted
Old 08-03-2012, 5:41 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n sharma View Post
ryanair is exasperating
they have given 08712460000 as contact @ 10 p per min
after holding for 20 minutes someone mumbled something and dropped the line
is ryanair living in today's world ?
are we safe in the air with such attitude ?
0035318121212 is another number @ international call rates.they refuse to help
we must boycott this airline
Welcome to 2010
The Following User Says Thank You to HoofeHearted For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
tamiami
Old 09-03-2012, 8:23 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Wow my tardis really does work!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tamiami For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Joan161260
Old 03-04-2012, 6:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I used 0844 545 65 24 to phone Ryanair

I phoned Ryanair on UK 0844 545 65 24 and found them rather helpful regarding my flight change.

Maybe they were having a bad air day
The Following User Says Thank You to Joan161260 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Dave_56
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan161260 View Post
I phoned Ryanair on UK 0844 545 65 24 and found them rather helpful regarding my flight change.

Maybe they were having a bad air day

I had a problem with a ''lost'' confirmation/itinary e-mail that contained the reservation number i needed to print boarding passes...i got through fairly quickly on the 0844 545 65 24 number. When prompted, i pressed 1 for knowing extension number i needed...when prompted again i did the same..without entering a number..i was then transferred to an operator who put me through to a very helpful 'voice' who sorted my problem after a few security questions. My reservation number was given to me, and the original booking confirmation e-mail was re-sent immediately. I was on hold for a short time, but no more than any other organisation that would have a heavy demand.
# 17
Jennasnclr
Old 12-11-2012, 7:54 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default on hold for an 80 mins

I called them today because I was sent an email saying flights in Spain will be cancelled on Wednesday due to the national strike and I was on hold for ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINTUES. At the start of the call they said the approximate waiting time was 16 minutes which I thought was bad! Anyway in the end I hung up because I was so sick of listening to the repeated message and calling from Spain so it was clearly costing me a fortune
# 18
BusPass
Old 12-11-2012, 9:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I got the same e-mail this morning.
Luckily I was on the computer when it came in.
I immediately got on to the Ryanair web site and identified an alternative flight.
I then phoned the Customer Service number they gave on the web site.
I had the choice of Options 1 2 or 3. I chose 3 and the phone was answered immediately. Two minutes later flight was changed at no additional cost and as promised within 15 minutes I had an e-mail confirming details.
I printed off new passes and was sorted within 10 minutes of getting first e-mail.
To say I was impressed, nay, flabbergasted, is to understate it after all the negative publicity Ryanair customer service has had on here over the years.
# 19
MarcieQ
Old 31-07-2013, 10:18 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

awful awful people, has anyone booked coach travel from an airport from Ryanair - if so, how did you get sent your ticket?

thanks
# 20
legbite
Old 15-09-2013, 6:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default blackmail

I have traveled with Ryanair for a very long time and am a really regular customer. I travel with them several times a year. I fly between England and Germany. This year I have travelled with them 4 times up till now.

After arriving at Bremen airport today, my partner and I entered the queue to hand over her luggage. We had paid an additional 30 EUR the night before in order for her to take one piece of 15 KG luggage, as it is not included in the Ryanair booking price. My partner was flying to Stansted which is about 40 Miles north of London.

After 5 minutes of standing in the queue, the Ryanair person working at the desk disappeared for a short while and was talking to her friend at the hand luggage and boarding card control desk. After a few minutes, I went over and asked her why she was not manning the desk any more and she said "because I only take luggage up to 40 minutes before take-off". I said "but you did not tell us to come forward while we were waiting there with our luggage and we thought you were doing admin work and decided to wait until you called us forward". She said "I cannot take any more lggage so you will have to pay an additional 60 Euros to take it through security and have it put in the hold on the other side". When I said "but we were waiting there and you closed the desk without even telling us", she then lost her patience and got really rude and reduced my partner to tears.

Subsequently we paid the 60 EURO because we felt blackmailed into doing it. My partner had 300 EUR of cosmetics thrown in the bin because she had to take her luggage through security, even though it was then put in the hold along with all the other passengers' luggage. After my partner went through to security, I said to the Lady that this was terrible service and she replied "We don't do service at Ryanair so what did you expect?".

This is unfair treatment and I had seen other people being treated this way over the years, even though it had never happened to me.

Ryanair has got it wrong and, in my opinion, are teaching their staff to be unfriendly to customers. This is by far the worst possible way to run an airline and if I was a shareholder, I would be very concerend that people will not be travelling with ryanair again after such an experience. 10 minutes later, as I was leaving the airport, the same lady was treating a Polish guy who had just arrived for the same flight in exactly the same manner.

In my opinion, Ryanair should be given a new category. They call themselves a "no-frills airline" but in effect, they are indeed an uncaring "no-service airline".

I would give them one star out of 10 for their airport staff. I will not be flying with them again - ever!