Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    want2bmortgage3
    condensing combi boiler temperature setting
    • 23rd Mar 08, 11:33 PM
    condensing combi boiler temperature setting 23rd Mar 08 at 11:33 PM
    well i can control the hot water and central heating temp's on my boilers control panel

i am happy with the water at 50 degrees as its just hot enough for a hot bath/shower, but not scalding

however, i'm unsure what to set the central heating to. ive tried 65 and 70. but my main concern is whats best to save money? is it better to blast it out hot for a shorter time, or have it on longer at a lower temperature?

also i have thermo valves on the radiators is it worth using these or have them all fully open ? if someone knows the most efficient way of controlling heating id love to know. for note, i dont have any room thermostats, just a heating timer (3 periods a day) and the rad valves.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,102Users online

Martin's Twitter