IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Are ikea built in ovens any good?
Closed Thread
Views: 20,058
# 1
salbot
Old 05-03-2008, 9:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Are ikea built in ovens any good?

Hello,

I am going to buy a kitchen from Ikea and was wondering if anyone had any feedback good or bad about Ikea built in ovens?

Cheers

Salbot
# 2
121legend
Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi i went to ikea yesterday and obviously bought loads of stuff!!!! when are you buying this kitchen.....if you sign up online to their "ike family" card which is a points card and in no way a credit card etc you get points on all that you buy instore or online (i think you get them onlin).....they will then send you money off vouchers to use in store depending on how much you spend so if youre buying a kitchen you should get quite a few vouchers back to spend on other stuff....you can geta card instore on the day and get swipping it for points but the vouchers take a couple of weeks to come thorugh i guess....my friend gave me a £10 of voucher to use at the till and it worked fine......im waiting to see if i get any vouchers before ordering my next stuff online. Does that help a little?? ikea is pretty cheap anyhow!!!DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN ONLINE DISCOUNT CODE FOR BUYING STUFF ON IKEAS WEBSITE!!????????
# 3
lawrie28
Old 06-03-2008, 7:15 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Vouchers

I have been an Ikea Family member for a while, and in the last mailshot found a voucher on the back. Spend £1500 on a Kitchen (not appliances, fitting etc.) and get a £250 voucher towards applainces.

Just about to use it, so hope the appliances aren't bad....
# 4
vansboy
Old 06-03-2008, 7:22 PM

Think the good thing with their appliances is the 5 year warranty & they're also Whirlpool & branded Ikea/Whirlpool.

The not so good thing, is the range & price - but the voucher will help!!

We sourced all our electrical, except the xtractor, from other places, despite being IKE kitchen fan!

VB
# 5
salbot
Old 07-03-2008, 3:50 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks all,

I didn't realise the appliances were a lot more expensive from Ikea than other places, I may look around for the appliances then. I suppose its just easier but lazy to order everything from Ikea.

I have an Ikea family card, haven't recieved any vouchers though!

Cheers
Salbot
# 6
Gingernutmeg
Old 07-03-2008, 4:07 PM

My parents have an IKEA kitchen and the appliances aren't bad - the oven and hob are Whirlpool so that's a fairly reliable make anyway. Their kitchen has been in for about three years now and they've had no problems at all with any of the appliances. The only problem that they have had is trying to get replacement bits and pieces (not needed because of quality issues lol, only because dad dropped a tile on the hob and cracked it ...), that can be a fairly slow process.

# 7
PBA
Old 07-03-2008, 4:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

We've got Ikea appliances in our kitchen. As other posters have noted, they're made by Whirlpool, so it's not some tat make you've never heard of. The only slight issue is that the oven seems to have various settings that I can't work out what they are, but that's more down to the previous owners losing the manual than any fault with the oven!
# 8
AndrewRH
Old 21-03-2008, 12:11 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Exclamation

Ikea installed our new kitchen last year. We had issues with the solid wood countertop (several times the wrong size was delivered, or not delivered...). Eventually that all go sorted out - and Ikea gave us some compensation for the hassle.

Just recently though, the Ikea Whirlpool built-in oven's outer door shattered spontaneously.

(Whirlpool model 85791601551 “Mumsig”. Ikea article no. 80094778)

Luckily, our two young children weren't nearby. Whirlpool says there is only a 1 year guarantee; but to Ikea's credit they made arrangements for a new oven to be sent out to us and installed - at their expense. This is planned for early April.

More details on my blog entry about it...
http://www.reeves-hall.net/2008/03/10/ikea-whirlpool-oven-door-shatters/

~Andrew~

Last edited by AndrewRH; 14-10-2009 at 2:14 PM. Reason: fixed url
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewRH For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Confused landord
Old 21-03-2008, 12:35 AM
MoneySaving Convert

the ikea family card can be seen around the store for you to fill in..i did it yesterday and popped it in the post boxes they have in store..i t entitles you to money off stuff vouchers ,,oh and free brews whenever
Closed Thread