Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Stompydebs
    DVLA clamped my car- Can i appeal ?
    • 4th Mar 08, 9:18 AM
    DVLA clamped my car- Can i appeal ? 4th Mar 08 at 9:18 AM
    Hi all,,

Just need some advice please. I bought a new ( secondhand) car on saturday. I obviously did not know if i was going to buy the car until i saw it etc. But did change my car insurance saturday morning for the new car,, so i was insured as i drove it 160 miles home to my house. The car has no tax. I have no driveway, my road is terraced houses. So i am waiting for the documents to arrive in the post so i can go and tax the car. I did try to tax the car online on saturday evening but as i do not yet have the full log book i was unable to. So yesterday morning i took a faxed copy of my car insurance cover to my post office, but they politely told me they could not accept it as it was a fax. But i thought, at least i have tried. Anyway returned home about midday to find my car clamped outside my house. I rang the number and had topay 200 but will get 120 back when i go and show them that i have taxed the car. Do i have any grounds for appeal to get my 80 back?

They unclamped my car about 1.5 hours after i paid and chap said that im ok for 24 hours, but after that they can clamp my car AGAIN.. even though i explained to him that im waiting for the insurance documents to arrive. ( Bit annoyed as quinn direct only sent them out yesterday, but i did change my insurance Saturday morning). Really worried they will clamp car again,, my insurance has not arrived today.

Can anyone advise?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,256Posts Today

7,464Users online

Martin's Twitter