Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Mobiles > cashback by redemption... what does this mean? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
cashback by redemption... what does this mean?
Closed Thread
Views: 21,203
# 1
Techno DoDo
Old 28-07-2005, 12:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default cashback by redemption... what does this mean?

Hi,
I am looking at a contract mobile phone on O2 offered by dialaphone

They offer a reduced rate of monthly charges, but I dont really understand how they will repay me.

"For the first 7 months of your contract line rental is an amazing 1.99 per month! (Thereafter 30 per month). That's a saving of 196.07!

Your reduced line rental is available as cashback by redemption to your airtime account in 4 stages: 45 at month 3, 39.03 at month 6, 56.02 at month 9 and 56.02 at month 12."

Could someone decipher this for me?

TY
Steve
# 2
Norman-B
Old 28-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi, I'm not keen on the above type of deal, where the credit is returned to your airtime balance. I have had 3 cashback deals over the past 2 years and they have been by a cashbask in the form of a cheque payable direct to me. The companies I have dealt with were,
Forward Cellular, Onestopphoneshop and E2save. No problems with all three. Have a look at the latter two.
# 3
Twopints
Old 28-07-2005, 1:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Cashback by redemption usually means you have to claim the money from the company i.e. by sending in a voucher (that will be issued with the phone) or a copy of your phone bill for the relevant period. The conditions are strict and if you miss the date for claiming you lose the money. You do not get reminders - the onus is on you to claim at the right time in the right way. If you are an organised type of person then you should have no problem.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if the retailer goes bust you get nothing. Retailers such as e2save and onestopphoneshop (OSPS) are owned by Carphone Warehouse. OSPS in particular is the subject of many posts on here, the majority not favourable. However, they have recently been acquired by CPW which may changes things.

Last edited by Twopints; 28-07-2005 at 2:06 PM.
Closed Thread