Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• calleyw
    • By calleyw 25th Jul 05, 10:16 AM
    • 7,716Posts
    • 12,827Thanks
    0 WOW
    foreign legion style sun hat-adult size
    • 25th Jul 05, 10:16 AM
    0 WOW
    foreign legion style sun hat-adult size 25th Jul 05 at 10:16 AM
    I am after a foreign legion style sun hat with the flap at the back. I want one for an adult.

I bought two when in oz but gave one to my brother who lost it and we have lost the one that my husband had.

I have a quick google but not found anywhere in the uk that sells the adult size.

I only paid a few pounds for the ones we had.

I think that I might have to get it mail order. In the states found one place thats want 10 for the hat and that is before p+p.

Many thanks in advance.

Page 1
    • Nile
    • By Nile 25th Jul 05, 11:11 AM
    • 13,904 Posts
    • 13,669 Thanks
    • 25th Jul 05, 11:11 AM
    • 25th Jul 05, 11:11 AM
    For a money saving option, why not modify an existing baseball cap?

Buy an offcut/cheap small piece of material to match the colour of the baseball cap.

Sew velcro onto the back of the baseball cap and onto the material. Make sure the material covers the ears as well as the neck. The velcro flap will give you the option of wearing the cap with or without the desert flap.

I've seen desert hats on sale exactly like this, with a velcro attached flap.

Hope that helps.
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of

Watch the New to Forum? Guide

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 25th Jul 05, 6:09 PM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 12,827 Thanks
    • 25th Jul 05, 6:09 PM
    • 25th Jul 05, 6:09 PM
    Thanks Nile.

Think that is what I am going to have to do as I am really kicking myself for loosing the one we had.

Our local fabric shop does off cuts for about a 1 a meter.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

7,695Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Dear @George_Osborne why didnt you have the balls to announce your retrospective hike to student loans in the statement? Why hide it?

• So millions of graduates will pay more. Its done it even tho 95% of consultation responses opposed. Background here

• HIDDEN IN SMALL PRINT Disgracefully govt is retrospectively hiking student loan costs for 2012+ starters by freezing repay threshold #AS2015

• Follow Martin