Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    double glazing grant?
    • #1
    • 20th Feb 08, 12:29 PM
    double glazing grant? 20th Feb 08 at 12:29 PM
    hi, i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is such a thing as a double glazing grant. i know the government has a thing about saving energy and have grants for insulation and cavity wall but i already have that done. my home is owned by me and my husband (with a mortgage) and found that when we moved in the glazed units had blown in nearly every room. my uncle is a glazier and has been for many years but is retired. he came to look at a crack that i had in one of my windows and noticed it was a heat crack and says the previous owners must have had a heater close to the window presumably to dry it out. he checked all the other windows and noticed they had blown. i have had a few quotes and noticed that it is very expensive to have them all replaced. over the winter i have noticed it is quite cold in my house even though we have the heating on. can anyone help with my enquiry???
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,323Posts Today

6,438Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

  • Follow Martin