Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sexki11en
    Ebay Wedding Dresses
    • 18th Feb 08, 1:33 PM
    Ebay Wedding Dresses 18th Feb 08 at 1:33 PM
    Hi Guys,

I've just started the very daunting task of organising our wedding for September 2009. The venue we've fallen in love with is very expensive (we're working on getting them to give us a discount at the moment) so everything else needs to be budget.

Fortunately the venue costs include most of the other things we would normally have to take into account so where i'm looking to make my savings is mainly on the dress.

I have seen a dress I saw on another site for £750, and on ebay there is a company in China who will make it to order for around £100. Now I know that paying £100 means it won't be to the same quality, but has anyone here ordered any similar and are able to tell me how the dress was? My main concerns are that there will be no boning in the bodice and that the material quality will be poor and turn yellow after a few months (as i've heard can happen)

If anyone has done this, your stories (horror or not!) would be much appreciated.

Thanks x
    Last edited by sexki11en; 18-02-2008 at 1:35 PM. Reason: appalling spelling!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,478Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter