Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • highguyuk
    • By highguyuk 17th Feb 08, 3:41 PM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 827 Thanks
    highguyuk
    • 17th Feb 08, 3:41 PM
    • 17th Feb 08, 3:41 PM
    9 months into a contract, I would doubt anyone will buy you out. Just not worth it for them.
    -highguyuk-

• Maccauk
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:09 PM
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:09 PM
    Thanks highguyuk for your response.

am not 9 months into contract i've got 9 months left
    • darich
    • By darich 17th Feb 08, 4:18 PM
    • 2,095 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    darich
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:18 PM
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:18 PM
    Thanks highguyuk for your response.

am not 9 months into contract i've got 9 months left
    Originally posted by Maccauk
    if it's an 18month contract and you have 9months left, you are therefore 9months into the contract.:confused:

Keen photographer with sales in the UK and abroad.
    Willing to offer advice on camera equipment and photography if i can!
  • hjb123
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:21 PM
    • 17th Feb 08, 4:21 PM
    ring them up and see what they say? What line rental are you paying at the moment? They might just make you pay the remaining line rental fopr the 9 months upfront then you cacn leave. i.e. if your line rental is 25 if you pay 9 that? I guess the only way to find out is to ringthem
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Dehidie
    • 6th Aug 09, 6:54 PM
    • 6th Aug 09, 6:54 PM
    Hi i have a 18m contract with orange, i have approx 5 months left would i be able to have to remaining contract brought out?
  • elfen
    • 6th Aug 09, 7:04 PM
    • 6th Aug 09, 7:04 PM
    Doubt it, they usually only do buyouts of three/four months or less. And I don't know if they're offering them at the moment.
    ** Total debt: 6950.82 May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Dehidie
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:44 PM
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:44 PM
    ok thank you for the reply, I rang phones4u today and spoke to a sale adviser and she advised me that they are still offering the Buy out of contract, and that she asked me if i could pop in for a chat in the mornng 8/8/09 for 15 mins to see what they coul sort out for me...... Ill post tomorroe to let u know how i get on. But to be fair if i have to pay towards buying out the remining time on my contract myself i think i will as i need to get away from ORANGE as there signel is PANTS .
  • Fork86
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:49 PM
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:49 PM
    ok thank you for the reply, I rang phones4u today and spoke to a sale adviser and she advised me that they are still offering the Buy out of contract, and that she asked me if i could pop in for a chat in the mornng 8/8/09 for 15 mins to see what they coul sort out for me...... Ill post tomorroe to let u know how i get on. But to be fair if i have to pay towards buying out the remining time on my contract myself i think i will as i need to get away from ORANGE as there signel is PANTS .
    Originally posted by Dehidie
    They will probably see what price plan you are currently on and see if it is possible for you to drop down a tarriff level (depends on your network provider), which will subsequently make cancelling the contract cheaper. They may suggest you give/trade in your old handset to help bridge the cost.
  • Dehidie
    I just rang orange and they have told me i would have have to pay 201 to buy out the remaning months on contract. im off to town in a bit and ill see what they say
    • Littlemiss27
    • By Littlemiss27 8th Aug 09, 10:33 AM
    • 236 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Littlemiss27
    Dehidie - might be an idea to read the orange price changes thread as you may not need a buy out.
  • Dehidie
    Just got back and im really happy with what i found out and i hope others can use this advise aswell, Yesterday i recived a text from orange saying this
    Hi from orange. from 14th september we will be changing the cost of some calls that are not included in your service plan see Website
    What this means is this i got to cancel my contract with orange today for free, Let me explain how, because i use over my free mins i get with my service plan and that orange have changed there service agrement they have breached there terms and conditions which allows you to cancel your contract from the day u call them like i did today...... The lady i spoke to today explained this also offcom are also dealing with this, But here is the bad news, If you dont go over your free mins there is nothing that u can do to cancel your contract as these changes will not affect you. I really hope this helps some people im not sure if there is a cut of date you can do this,

Im now on a 18month contract with Vodafone and i got a nokia 5800 a headset and they even brought my old phone off me for 50 (Happy Days)
    • TREVORCOLMAN
    • By TREVORCOLMAN 9th Aug 09, 9:33 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    TREVORCOLMAN
    Why dont people then go over the limit for 1 month and then ask to cancel?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Garym85
    Trevorcoleman- It doesnt matter whether you go over the minutes or not at present.
    Orange are just trying to use that card just now as probably most people dont go over their minutes etc...

The reply is simple- what if you do go over the minutes at some point in the future.

I Know countless people who have cancelled their contracts by using that line.
  • Dehidie
    I dont know all the answers but i cancelled my contract yesterday with orange and it was so easy. There is a web address that was with the text i recived but because im a new user on this website i cant post it.
  • Jda...
    Just curious. If you was to go ahead with p4u buying out your contract, are you to take another out through them or are you able to go where-ever?
    • visidigi
    • By visidigi 28th Feb 12, 4:08 PM
    • 5,583 Posts
    • 3,454 Thanks
    visidigi
    Just curious. If you was to go ahead with p4u buying out your contract, are you to take another out through them or are you able to go where-ever?
    Originally posted by Jda...
    They buy you out - on the basis you take a new contract, which they make enough commission on to cover what they pay you and then some...
    • custardy
    • By custardy 28th Feb 12, 4:08 PM
    • 31,048 Posts
    • 25,577 Thanks
    custardy
    Originally posted by Jda...
    you think P4U do it for charity?
  • Whitler
    when you say ... go over your minutes .... how does this get you out of your contract ?? .. is it like mis-selling or something ?

i have about a year left on an O2 contract that i would like to be out of ... would the same apply or is this just Orange ???
    • custardy
    • By custardy 29th Feb 12, 8:33 AM
    • 31,048 Posts
    • 25,577 Thanks
    custardy
    when you say ... go over your minutes .... how does this get you out of your contract ?? .. is it like or something ?

i have about a year left on an O2 contract that i would like to be out of ... would the same apply or is this just Orange ???
    Originally posted by Whitler
    who exactly are you replying to?
    which part of the deal you took do you think is mis-selling ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,796Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter