Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Discount Codes 'n Vouchers > Debenhams has left the Nectar scheme, yet 5 &... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Debenhams has left the Nectar scheme, yet 5 & 10 discount vouchers are up for grab!
Closed Thread
Views: 17,467
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Former MSE Natasha
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Former Personal Researcher
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Debenhams has left the Nectar scheme, yet 5 & 10 discount vouchers are up for grab!

What's this about?

Up until 16 Feb you could collect and redeem Nectar points at all Debenhams stores. Now the plug's been pulled and the department store's no longer part of the loyalty scheme but, by way of apology, Debenhams is giving away vouchers for 5 off 25 & 10 off 50 spends to all Nectar card holders. These are valid 'til 29 June '08.

How to get your vouchers

Find your nearest Debenhams store then visit a counter to flash your Nectar card. You'll then be given your vouchers. According to Deb's press office, they'll be available until the end of April, "subject to review".

Don't have a Nectar card but plan to spend over 25?

Easy, get a card so you can get the vouchers. Simply go to a local Sainsburys or BP garage and collect a Nectar card, then use it to claim your vouchers. Remember to register the card on Nectar's site so any future points accumulated aren't lost if the card's misplaced or stolen.

Terms & Conditions
  • Vouchers cannot be used online.
  • Vouchers can only be used once and must be handed in on redemption.
  • Vouchers aren't valid against the purchase of financial or food services, cash, gift vouchers, giftcards or in payment of any outstanding balance on a Debenhams account.
  • This discount can't be used in conjunction with a staff card or any other offer or promotion.
  • Photocopies will not be accepted.
  • Excludes selected concessions.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Martin; 26-02-2008 at 3:56 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Former MSE Natasha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
hpow
Old 27-02-2008, 8:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unfortunately I tried to get my vouchers on Saturday from my local store, I was told they'd run out and would not be getting any more. The sales assistant said they were subject to availability. But the email from Debenhams doesn't say this so I've contacted Debenhams to complain!
# 3
Former MSE Natasha
Old 27-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Former Personal Researcher
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpow View Post
Unfortunately I tried to get my vouchers on Saturday from my local store, I was told they'd run out and would not be getting any more. The sales assistant said they were subject to availability. But the email from Debenhams doesn't say this so I've contacted Debenhams to complain!
I think you're just unlucky that your local store is surrounded by other savvy MoneySavers who got there first!

I've been assured these vouchers are widely available (even got a couple in my Debenhams card statement last night!) and as Debenhams' press office told me two days ago they'd be at counters until April, I'd be surprised if your local branch isn't supplied with more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high5five View Post
So do you have to spend 25 to get your vouchers, or can you just walk in, show your card, and use the vouchers later?
Walk in, show your Nectar card, get the vouchers and use 'em then or any other time before the end of June.
# 4
hpow
Old 27-02-2008, 2:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

OK I will keep trying then! I really want them as I've already made a list of stuff to get with them!
# 5
new
Old 27-02-2008, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

When I went to Debenhams, Bullring, at first the counter assistant did not know anything about this promotion, but with the help of the personal shopper - a very helpful lady, these were spotted and I actually managed to use both the 10 and 5 vouchers, because she applied them to two of my purchases as separate transactions. I told her about the wonderful MSE website and gave her the link too! The discounts I got were extremely useful - so thanks for email updates!
# 6
belfastgirl23
Old 28-02-2008, 3:01 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I was doing an exchange at my local debenhams and when I asked was told that these only went out in the post to debenhams cardholders. When I politely replied that I'd heard they were for all nectar cardholders the SA 'remembered' and gave one to me but I had to push her a bit on it....

cheers for the tip

The Following User Says Thank You to belfastgirl23 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
mrs_scrooge
Old 29-02-2008, 11:27 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I've received these vouchers in the post today but as I've mentioned in a separate thread there is a mistake on the 10 voucher. The required spend is 25 on the front of the voucher, 50 on the back of the voucher.

Whoops!
# 8
mariagti
Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_scrooge View Post
I've received these vouchers in the post today but as I've mentioned in a separate thread there is a mistake on the 10 voucher. The required spend is 25 on the front of the voucher, 50 on the back of the voucher.

Whoops!
I just had these through the post too, got excited until i read the back too about 50 spend for 10 off:confused:
Make 5 a day JAN 121/175 FEB 283/175
Weekly Grocery budget of 35! Jan 95.05/175 Feb 37.53/175
Closed Thread