Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    thefellow
    Council Tax wages arrestment(Scotland)
    • 5th Feb 08, 9:20 PM
    Council Tax wages arrestment(Scotland) 5th Feb 08 at 9:20 PM
    Im gutted

me and my wife fell behind with our council tax(6 months) we then contacted local council and was told it was out of there hands.

My wife then got a letter from a company threateneing to take us to court and we agreed we would pay set amount every week 2 weeks late my wife was sent a wages arrestment (which works out less than what she was paying them!!!)

My question is..they have a wages arrestment on my wives account can they take one out on mine for the same council tax debt?

I will be so embarrest i work for a small company everyone will know my business!

Help!!!!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

7,952Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin