Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    thefellow
    Council Tax wages arrestment(Scotland)
    • 5th Feb 08, 9:20 PM
    Council Tax wages arrestment(Scotland) 5th Feb 08 at 9:20 PM
    Im gutted

me and my wife fell behind with our council tax(6 months) we then contacted local council and was told it was out of there hands.

My wife then got a letter from a company threateneing to take us to court and we agreed we would pay set amount every week 2 weeks late my wife was sent a wages arrestment (which works out less than what she was paying them!!!)

My question is..they have a wages arrestment on my wives account can they take one out on mine for the same council tax debt?

I will be so embarrest i work for a small company everyone will know my business!

Help!!!!
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 5th Feb 08, 9:41 PM
    • 36,899 Posts
    • 44,444 Thanks
    fermi
    • 5th Feb 08, 9:41 PM
    • 5th Feb 08, 9:41 PM
    Hi.

We do have the occasional person from Scotland posting on this board, but for most of us our experience of the law regarding debts north of the border is a bit limited.

The forum linked to below has a special section on Debt in Scotland where you also might be able to get some help.

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_forum/

There is also the Debt-Free Wannabe forum here on MSE which deals with general debt issues, where you might find more help on this site.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,893Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter