Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polly
    • By Polly 29th Jan 08, 11:18 AM
    • 885Posts
    • 490Thanks
    Polly
    0 WOW
    M&S 5 voucher for donation to Oxfam
    • 29th Jan 08, 11:18 AM
    0 WOW
    M&S 5 voucher for donation to Oxfam 29th Jan 08 at 11:18 AM
    Forgive me if this is not the right place for this but have spotted the following:

Bring your unwanted M&S clothes to an Oxfam shop near you, get a £5 (€7) M&S voucher and help to end poverty. Be part of the M&S and Oxfam Clothes exchange

Note: The £5 voucher can only be used for a spend of £35 or over

See oxfam.org.uk for further details

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 19-02-2008 at 6:12 PM.
Page 1
  • mcallister1
    • 29th Jan 08, 12:01 PM
    • 29th Jan 08, 12:01 PM
    I saw this- it could be really good. I know I've got some old M and S stuff somewhere...
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 29th Jan 08, 10:51 PM
    • 5,420 Posts
    • 36,156 Thanks
    Caterina
    • 29th Jan 08, 10:51 PM
    • 29th Jan 08, 10:51 PM
    Ah great, I have some old M&S to give away, and also 20 worth of vouchers from my surveys! Will be able to buy 35 worth of stuff for 10 (BARGAIN!). Thank you for this!

Caterina
    No challenges for December.
  • zztopgirl
    • 30th Jan 08, 11:14 AM
    • 30th Jan 08, 11:14 AM
    I did this last week. But beware, the elderly sa opened my bag and asked whats this, these arent m&s. I had to explain that Per Una, Limited, etc, etc are all m&s clothes.

The vouchers are for the month ahead too, so in february you will get march vouchers and so on. I think its for a 6 month period.
  • shelberg
    • 30th Jan 08, 7:46 PM
    • 30th Jan 08, 7:46 PM
    Do you think that they would accept shoes or just clothing?
    • twig1
    • By twig1 30th Jan 08, 7:53 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 4,634 Thanks
    twig1
    • 30th Jan 08, 7:53 PM
    • 30th Jan 08, 7:53 PM
    Do you think that they would accept shoes or just clothing?
    Originally posted by shelberg
    the leaflet says clothes but not lingerie, underwear, socks or damaged or soiled clothes. Will accept shoes, hanbags,belts hats or scarves. 5 spend is against 35 spend on clothes, home or beauty and lasts for 30 days.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 4th Feb 08, 4:02 PM
    • 10,629 Posts
    • 10,210 Thanks
    Chris25
    • 4th Feb 08, 4:02 PM
    • 4th Feb 08, 4:02 PM
    The voucher I was given today expires on the 29th February - was told they will expire the end of the month that the goods are brought in - i.e. whether you take something in on the 1st of the month or the 21st, you will have to use your voucher by the end of that month.
  • renegade
    • 20th Feb 08, 10:08 AM
    • 20th Feb 08, 10:08 AM
    Is there a limit to how many items you take in ie 1 or10?
  • renegade
    • 20th Feb 08, 10:17 AM
    • 20th Feb 08, 10:17 AM
    forget that last question. I have just read on ther web site that you can take 1 item or as many as you like to claim the #5 voucher. I have loads of tee shirts which I pais #5.00 last year I could take one each time and get my voucher- or do you think this is cheating and unethical?
  • tigwell
    I work for Oxfam.... The shops do have vouchers for the following month early and we have been told that if customers ask for the following calender month we can give them out..... The minimum donation is one item of 1 m&s clothing, as someone said you can make lots of trips but the vouchers can only be used one per transaction (one per 35), so if you regularly shop there then its a great offer. Plus the constant donations to our shops can be nothing but good!!!
    • N9eav
    • By N9eav 21st Feb 08, 6:36 AM
    • 4,611 Posts
    • 26,353 Thanks
    N9eav
    I have found second hand clothes so expensive at our Oxfam that it would be cheaper to buy new clothes in M & S.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • holidayfund2012
    marks and spencer/oxfam
    Marks and Spencer and Oxfam have a joint venture - if you take your unwanted M and S items to Oxfam, they will give you a 5 voucher for M and S, to spend on purchases over 35. Need to check your local Oxfam is signed up, but as the M and S website says that over 700 branches of Oxfam are involved, there should be one nearby.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Feb 08, 11:39 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,268 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I may be wrong but I had one of these vouchers and I think the M&S vouchers have to used by this Friday though (29th) - so be quick!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kookie
    The assistant in my local shop thought that the scheme is ongoing and there will be March vouchers - advised me to wait to take in more stuff.
    Hope she is right.
  • kookie
    Sorry Tigwell, just seen your post.
    • purplepatch
    • By purplepatch 28th Feb 08, 5:01 PM
    • 2,523 Posts
    • 1,507 Thanks
    purplepatch
    Can't use it for food
    Was going to do this to get an extra fiver off their already very good 30% discount on wine cases at the moment instore, but reading the small print you cannot use the voucher in the food department :rolleyes:

What a shame.
    Last edited by purplepatch; 28-02-2008 at 5:04 PM.

• costingbunny
    • By costingbunny 28th Feb 08, 5:06 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    costingbunny
    Not that useful
    i donated a per una suit to Oxfam and got my voucher - then realised you need to spend 35 to get 5 off and it is only on beauty, clothes or home. as my local M&S is small, there is no home section to speak of really. i would have given the suit to Oxfam anyway but think the offer looks more appealing than it actually is - you still need to spend 30 in M&S!
  • tigwell
    Warm And Fuzzy!
    Hi costingbunny! Did you forget to pick up your warm fuzzy feeling when you got your voucher? That Per Una suit (in the shop i work in) would have raised at least 20- which could help feed a child orphaned by aids for three and a half months......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,789Posts Today

6,532Users online

Martin's Twitter