Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    carlih1
    Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints?
    • 19th Jan 08, 4:00 PM
    Dreams bed Superstore??? Complaints? 19th Jan 08 at 4:00 PM
    Hi all,

I recently ordered a bed from Dreams, i spent nearly £800 and was told the bed would be delivered the next week, i was then called up to say it would be ten days later than expected which was fine, the day of delivery i arranged to have the carpets cleaned and the bed put together by a handyman i know, the bed turned up and we opened the packages in the room the bed was going into, there was severe damage to one side piece the headboard and the bit the mattress was to sit on was missing, i re ordered the bed through customer services who said this was the only thing they could do which took another week, this meant me sleeping on the sofa for a week with kidney problems. When they put the new bed together they discovered the mattress was too small, so they re-ordered another one which took another four weeks.

I contacted them about this requested some compensation for the fact that my bed was not complete and all the hassle it took to get another one and they said it was my fault because i had opened the bed myself so they could not be held responsible for any damage, even though their delivery people had put the packaging in the room themselves, i mean how are you supposed to know if there is damage unless you open the boxes which weren't damaged themsselves.

I would like to know if anyone else has had similar problems with dreams and how they resolved them? They didn't even mention the mattress issue.

Carli
Page 36
    • Ngoniprincess
    • By Ngoniprincess 11th Dec 16, 1:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ngoniprincess
    Dodgy goods????
    I tried on a bed at the Dreams store in Luton and spent £1500+ but when the bed arrived, the mattress had a lump in the middle which after commissioning an inspection; dreams decided it was normal to have a lump of up 45mm. It has been 5weeks and the lump has not settled. After so many attempts to have a like to like swap, I have been hitting my head against a brick wall and now forced to sleep in my spare room. Dreams staff seem to disappear every time you deal with them. Tried to do a 40day comfort exchange, the staff member who processed this request seems to have forgotten to send the request to customer services and now "they are trying to find out from the staff member why he didn't submit the request". In the meantime, they expect me to wait and can see this being shoved to the side as even their Director has ignored my grievance. I am not letting this lay, if Dreams think they can continue to rip off people; I may set up a protest outside the store
    telling people to stay away with a photo of their dodgy goods.
    • CATRINER
    • By CATRINER 13th Dec 16, 12:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATRINER
    I've had problems with a mattress. No-one seems to want to help. I am currently taking the Directors to the small claims court. If I lose I still cant let this go. They are in the wrong!!
    For your information: Mr Michael Francis Logue and Mr Kim Suhail Zaheer are the directors making lots of money from our misery
    • dontbuyfromdreams
    • By dontbuyfromdreams 17th Jan 17, 8:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dontbuyfromdreams
    Dreams must be exposed
    A lot of people are having this issue and many other problems besides. I have started a website dedicated to exposing Dreams and informing potential customers of what they are getting themselves into. I will be sharing stories of people's dealings with this company. Sorry you're having issues too

I'm a new user so can't post links but I'm on twitter as @beds_dreams where you can find links to my website.
    • gevans35
    • By gevans35 6th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    gevans35
    I wish I'd seen this thread earlier, had I done so I wouldn't have set foot in the place.

I placed an order with Dreams and realised, for various reasons, that I'd made a mistake but Dreams charged a 10% cancellation fee even though I requested cancellation less than 24 hours after placing the order so they had incurred no loss.

Vile company, stay well clear.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Mar 17, 1:34 PM
    • 3,198 Posts
    • 3,241 Thanks
    DoaM
    Dear Dreams,
    As you are wishing to charge a 10% cancellation fee, please itemise your costs incurred in justification of the 10% and submit an invoice for payment.

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • gevans35
    • By gevans35 6th Mar 17, 2:39 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    gevans35
    Problem was that I'd paid using a card so they already had my money. When I cancelled the order they only refunded 90%. In cases like this, possession (in this case my money) is nine tenths of the law and their Ts & Cs, which I'd signed, state no cancellation, even though delivery was over a month hence and all this took place over a weekend.

Their attitude reminded me of "David Lloyd Leisure" who set the debt collectors on my wife for a cancellation fee even though they had confirmed in writing that her membership had been cancelled according to their terms and no further subscriptions were due. We had our copy, they had lost theirs and would not accept our word for it. We strung them out for weeks before finally faxing a copy of the letter to the debt collectors. Not so much as an apology, some companies are just vile.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Mar 17, 2:57 PM
    • 3,198 Posts
    • 3,241 Thanks
    DoaM
    LBA followed by court action for the 10% refund - they can then justify the charge in their defence of your claim.

??
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • gevans35
    • By gevans35 6th Mar 17, 3:05 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    gevans35
    LBA?

We have a solicitor in the family, I'm sure he'd be delighted to send the jokers a letter on his return from holiday.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,198 Posts
    • 3,241 Thanks
    DoaM
    If you have a solicitor in the family then he will know what an LBA is.

Letter Before Action
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • tc.
    • By tc. 20th Apr 17, 8:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tc.
    memory foam mattress
    I purchased a memory foam mattress, it came with a 10 year guarantee cost me £700. The lining started to come apart at the seams , i contacted dreams, they sent out there insurance company. I then received a letter from them saying they wouldnt do anything, because the mattress hadnt been treated properly, we sleep in our bed, What else can we do to mistreat a mattress. I have purchased mattresses for my children in the past from other companies much cheaper and they have always been good. Never have i had such a terrible mattress. The 10 year guarantee isnt worth the paper its written on.
    • Jamie Carter
    • By Jamie Carter 23rd May 17, 7:09 PM
    • 4,814 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    Jamie Carter
    I purchased a memory foam mattress, it came with a 10 year guarantee cost me £700. The lining started to come apart at the seams , i contacted dreams, they sent out there insurance company. I then received a letter from them saying they wouldnt do anything, because the mattress hadnt been treated properly, we sleep in our bed, What else can we do to mistreat a mattress. I have purchased mattresses for my children in the past from other companies much cheaper and they have always been good. Never have i had such a terrible mattress. The 10 year guarantee isnt worth the paper its written on.
    Originally posted by tc.
    Go to Trading Standards
    • Saskia 21
    • By Saskia 21 16th Jun 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Saskia 21
    Robbery without the mask at Dreams
    I spent £3700 on adjustable bed , at the time in the showroom I asked the guy is it memory foam he said no so with that purchased the bed .
    On delivery was shocked it was memory foam to me it's a cheap way for a mattress and sweats you like hell although very expensive to buy very uncomfortable, so went back to use the comfort return couldn't get a mattress equivalent to the price off the tempura mattress but at the same time couldn't sleep in the memory foam one , so bought a cheaper spring mattress losing £500 on the deal
    Now the guy in the shop says the mattresses get thrown out that's lies reading their reviews they won't take them back unless you use a protection sheet now I questioned that and again was told they disregard them on asking the driver I was told if a stain was on the mattress they are told to leave them so they are re-selling your old mattress after pocketing extra cash from you !!!
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 20th Jun 17, 5:00 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    LBA?

We have a solicitor in the family, I'm sure he'd be delighted to send the jokers a letter on his return from holiday.
    Originally posted by gevans35
    He must be back from holiday now so what did he say?
    • gooner2004
    • By gooner2004 4th Jul 17, 5:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gooner2004
    Hello Everyone

I can't believe all the terrible experiences everyone has had with Dreams. If I had read this before I wouldn't have bought from there.

I recently spent 4k at Dreams, including two tempur medium firm mattresses. One came just fine, however the other one is clearly faulty or the wrong product. They had send around a useless inspection company who said there is no issue. it doesnt take a genius to spot the difference.

So in short, I'm coming up to 30 days, should I go straight to Trading Standards? Or is there another route ?

Kind Regards
    • Jamie Carter
    • By Jamie Carter 12th Jul 17, 10:52 PM
    • 4,814 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    Jamie Carter
    I spent £3700 on adjustable bed , at the time in the showroom I asked the guy is it memory foam he said no so with that purchased the bed .
    On delivery was shocked it was memory foam to me it's a cheap way for a mattress and sweats you like hell although very expensive to buy very uncomfortable, so went back to use the comfort return couldn't get a mattress equivalent to the price off the tempura mattress but at the same time couldn't sleep in the memory foam one , so bought a cheaper spring mattress losing £500 on the deal
    Now the guy in the shop says the mattresses get thrown out that's lies reading their reviews they won't take them back unless you use a protection sheet now I questioned that and again was told they disregard them on asking the driver I was told if a stain was on the mattress they are told to leave them so they are re-selling your old mattress after pocketing extra cash from you !!!
    Originally posted by Saskia 21
    Are you sure it was memory foam and not reflex foam?
    Memory foam is expensive so they would be unlikely to tell you it wasn't memory foam if it was.

Was it a sprung mattress specially designed for an adjustable bed? If not the springs could be damaged when the bed adjusts.

If they have given you wrong advice then you will have some come back.
    • Saskia 21
    • By Saskia 21 14th Jul 17, 12:20 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Saskia 21
    Never heard off reflex foam but I definitely asked if it was memory foam and was told no but denied it when going back to the store , but on checking my invoice there is no mention off Mattresses just the headboard and adj beds . Yes sprung mattress esp designed for adj bed
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    • 15,279 Posts
    • 11,094 Thanks
    hollydays
    Originally posted by Saskia 21
    I can't quite understand how you can go into a shop to try out a mattress and only realise it's memory foam when it's delivered.
    What name is on the mattress?
    • Saskia 21
    • By Saskia 21 14th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Saskia 21
    Tempur Mattress I did ask if it was memory foam and told no but that's not my argument on going back got a cheaper sprung mattress was cheaper than the Tempur but u don't get a refund from the difference so wee lost out on £500
    • All1936
    • By All1936 2nd Aug 17, 7:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    All1936
    Hi,,we currently have a dispute with dreams over an ottoman double bed.we bought the bed frame, a sealy mattress and a head board. After 24 days we noticed that it was sinking where we lay on both sides.we've had two inspections by homeserve and they said nothing wrong .the mattress is settling.three months later there is still a ridge running the lenght of the bed.my wufe can't sleep and frequently gets up in the middle of the night to go down stairs.not good when you're in pain and in your sixties.no luck with Dreams .they say mattress is working correctly and will not exchange..Next step trading standards.
    • All1936
    • By All1936 2nd Aug 17, 7:27 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    All1936
    Hi,im having exactly the same problem ..we bought an ottoman bed and the lump developed within 24 days..Dreams dont want to know.they said the mattress is performing as it should .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,107Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin