Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > About MSE > Site Feedback > Rate changes in articles (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Rate changes in articles
Views: 13,015
# 1
MSE Martin
Old 30-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Money Saving Expert
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Rate changes in articles

Hi folks. In the olden days I used to write an article and leave it until it was update time. Now as you know we try and update all articles as often as possible with special focus on cards, loans, savings, banking and home phones.

Therefore if you spot a rate change we've missed - or a new product that hasn't gone in yet - please send me or MSE Dan a PM to let us know.

I don't want to make this a general thing as we'll be swamped - just an open invite to regulars
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Last edited by Former MSE Dan; 01-07-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
HNT
Old 07-12-2005, 5:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Not sure if I've posted this in the right place. If not, apologies. I linked to www.moneysupermarket.com from your site and was looking at the View My Accounts option they offer. When I clicked on the Verisign logo, the message I got was that the site's security with BT Trust Services Secure Site program expired several months ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to HNT For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
dipole
Old 01-02-2006, 3:22 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Bradford & Bingley new Christmas Saver account

Thought you may be interested to know that Bradford & Bingley are introducing a new monthly saver account as from Saturday 4th February paying 10% gross interest. It is designed for Christmas savers, as it matures on 1st December 06, and the monthly amounts can be between 10 and 150 per month (10 monthly payments) and don't have to be the same each month - great account for people like me who get caught short each Christmas.
# 4
Jacia
Old 10-05-2006, 11:43 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Halifax Direct ISA

The tips received today show the above as having a rate of 5% and I actually opened one up on the 3rd April for last years allowance only to be told a week later that it has now dropped to 4.75%
# 5
karenlsinging
Old 26-07-2006, 4:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Direct Line

Direct Line no longer advertising typical 5.6% APR. It is now 6.1%APR.
The Following User Says Thank You to karenlsinging For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
VivS
Old 31-07-2006, 11:28 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Unhappy ASDA Credit Card

This post is reference the ASDA credit card listed, in your Best Balance Transfers Article, as being one which allows 6 months Balance Transfer with no handling fee. Having just followed the link provided with a view to applying for the card - the small print on the first page clearly indicates that there is a handling fee.

Also note I have tried twice on different days to apply, online via your link, for the Post Office Credit card also listed as one without fee and it allows you to get all the way to the summary and then says the service is not available.
# 7
Exceller8
Old 16-09-2006, 12:30 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Have not seen new target saver from ipswich bs anywhere on your site best i have found with [B]no ties to curent acc @8.25%
# 8
silogram
Old 27-09-2006, 4:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Cheaper calls

There's a new way to make calls worldwide called JAJAH.com Works like Skype but goes through the phone so you don't have to be anywhere near the PC. Clarity is excellent and works worldwide and it's totally free to subscribers. Interested to know if Martin has used it yet?
# 9
savealittle
Old 28-11-2006, 2:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Wink MBNA direct debit

I joined MBNA to gain the 12 month interest free period. They are offering customers a free 10.00 if you set up a monthly direct debit, to be payed in January if you sign up before Dec 22nd. You can set it up as a minimum payment and still send regular payments in addition. Its a free 10 as far as I can tell!!
# 10
beepalm
Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default health care plans

Hi - just got a rate change from Foresters Health Care Plan. It looks as though they have regraded their subscribers, altered the complementary treatment to just 60% of the claim (used to be 80%) but kept the subscription the same.
# 11
sroebuck
Old 20-12-2006, 9:58 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Powergen winter saver

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place.
I'm with Powergen dual fuel on line. Having followed the article & looked at alternatives (thanks everyone), I happened to look at my own tarif & found they had an alternative wintersaver extra 5% discount. I phoned PG & they switched me , expect to save about an extra 60(?!). Well worth a free call & no hassle of changing & only about 10 different to cheapest Npower.

Also, might be worth extra mention of discount off water / sewage if all surface water goes to soakaway. Very likely if you live on chalk.
Steve
# 12
kateofdorset
Old 29-12-2006, 2:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Is lastminute's travel card cheapest?

Can't work out whether the new lastminute.com travel card the cheapest way of spending abroad. Special offer says free foreign exchange fees for life (but doesn't specify whether life of card or holder) - you pay 6.99 for Maestro card, can top up at PayPoint or online for free up to max 3 grand and pay 1.50 for each withdrawal plus 20p per transaction. Thinking of getting one for each of my kids - but not sure if as good as it looks. Comments please. See https://www.travelcash.lastminute.com/aboutus.aspx

Last edited by kateofdorset; 29-12-2006 at 4:53 PM.
# 13
frannyscho
Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,
I've been hunting for ages on how to get around the Sonycard pulsebeats 0870 number for redeeming your pulsebeats....I got there today...

phone the mbna number starting 0800 and ask them very nicely to transfer you, you then stay on the 0800 number whilst redeeming the points.

Someone may have posted this already but I couldn't find it.
# 14
silogram
Old 17-09-2007, 4:47 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Increase in charges

From September 28th O2 is charging 17p (ex VAT) on many numbers, particularly those starting with 0844 and they will not be included in any inclusive minutes. Any ideas how to get round this?
# 15
Magix1
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Exclamation Gas prices

I recently switched gas & electric to nPower. This week I received a letter stating that the primary block units for gas will be "seasonally weighted", so that winter Kwh's will cost more than summer ones but that over a full year the total cost of gas will be the same. Sounds like a stealth increase to me Is it time to switch again
# 16
Jeffperk
Old 10-01-2008, 5:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Dolland & Aitchinson

The offer currently on their website's "Special Offers" is only for HALF PRICE eye tests at Dolland & Aitchinson, not a "free eye test" as suggested.

Many thanks for the idea, anyway and SPECIAL thanks for your guidance on getting the best Car Insurance quotation!

Jeff

Last edited by Jeffperk; 10-01-2008 at 5:39 PM. Reason: THANK YOU ANYWAY!
# 17
mortgageman2
Old 02-06-2008, 3:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have just had a letter from Sky credit card notifying me of various changes to the card. Most noticeable are that the Standard Purchase rate is increasing to 24.9%(not bad considering the Base rate is 5%).And secondly they're reducing the minimum monthly payment to 2.5% of the balance. So not only are they increasing the interest rate but they are lengthening the time it will take to pay back if you can only afford the minimum. And I thought banks were meant to be helping us.
# 18
harrygrout
Old 10-09-2008, 7:23 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default ASDA Sim Card Offer

The ASDA Sim card offer has already run out of stock, which does make you wonder a bit, as the latest email from moneysavingsexpert.com only arrived this morning and it is currently 7.20 am!
# 19
MSE Martin
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Money Saving Expert
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrygrout View Post
The ASDA Sim card offer has already run out of stock, which does make you wonder a bit, as the latest email from moneysavingsexpert.com only arrived this morning and it is currently 7.20 am!
Actually Harry - you're one of the luckyones if you got it at 7.20am

The email goes to 2.4m people and at maximum speed we can send it in around 8 hours. Yet we dont as so many people coming to the site at once means it'd probably crash or be very slow.

We tend to send the first batch between 8 and 12 on Tue night for an overnight send to around 1,000,000 people and the rest gradually during the day on a wed.

So the fact the PAYG is out of stock could simply be due to demand since then - we are checking with asda before the next email batch goes out.

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
# 20
frivolous_fay
Old 18-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSE Martin View Post
We tend to send the first batch between 8 and 12 on Tue night for an overnight send to around 1,000,000 people and the rest gradually during the day on a wed.

I think I feel foul of this a few weeks back... there was a 'get this TODAY' offer and I got the email the following day
My TV is broken!
Edit: refunded 515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act!