Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tombo
    0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged)
    • 14th Jan 08, 6:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged) 14th Jan 08 at 6:35 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Toluna is discussed in our Product testing panels guide. Read about others in there too.

Back to the original post..

---------

Toluna is now back up from maintenance so we can start earning points again now.

There are a few differences to the site.
    First, the layout of some of the pages has changed slightly. There is a new homepage and dashboard
    Secondly, when you enter your "hot opinions", they msut now be 10 words or more long.
    Thirdly, the "personal interest" surveys have been updated.
    There are probably some other updates to that I haven't found yet
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 14-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
Page 210
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 15th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 6,488 Thanks
    t14cy t
    ive been doing toluna surveys since Christmas and out of the blue today I have an email telling me they have closed my account and my accrued points are now not valid. no reason given and just stated I have not adhered to their terms and conditions!!! that's news to me!!! can I do anything about this. ive already emailed them for an explanation.....but wont be holding my breath!!
    • Abi
    • By Abi 15th Jun 17, 11:48 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Abi
    hi,

just got same email - maybe they have made a mistake. i have written an email to them asking them what has happened.
    • BernadetteChurch
    • By BernadetteChurch 15th Jun 17, 12:02 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    BernadetteChurch
    I've also just received one of those emails and have contacted them to ask for an explanation. To be honest I don't actually mind not being a member as their surveys are mostly repetitive and tedious, but I claimed a PayPal reward just a few days ago and I'm going to be really sad if they don't honour it.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 17th Jun 17, 7:36 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 6,488 Thanks
    t14cy t
    just got an email from toluna, theyre still not giving a reason for closing the account. swines
    • Abi
    • By Abi 17th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Abi
    got the same email - after 10 years it is a terrible way to treat someone
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 17th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    merrydance
    Yes I've been with them for years done the same to me. Funny how they do it when I have vouchers that are being "processed" (they take forever). And nearly enough credit in points to cash in for another voucher. Awful firm.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 17th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 6,488 Thanks
    t14cy t
    wow, glad im not the only one. morally it feels wrong they are able to do this...I wonder if its legal?
    • waldokitty
    • By waldokitty 19th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    waldokitty
    Toluna
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.

I have been unable to sign into my account for about four days using my usual (correct) password.

I have sent numerous requests for a new password and also emailed them through, 'contact us' several times.

I have had no response at all so am wondering if my account has also been closed.

I too have pending rewards, also some of my e-voucher reward codes are stored on their site in my rewards section.

Thanks.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 19th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 9,702 Posts
    • 174,312 Thanks
    libra10
    It might be worth trying to contact them on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Toluna

Although it's a bit late now, I would never save unused reward codes on Toluna or other sites. I immediately buy gift vouchers from Amazon, or redeem for other items.

Good luck!
    • waldokitty
    • By waldokitty 19th Jun 17, 5:38 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    waldokitty
    It might be worth trying to contact them on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Toluna

Although it's a bit late now, I would never save unused reward codes on Toluna or other sites. I immediately buy gift vouchers from Amazon, or redeem for other items.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by libra10

Thanks for your reply Libra.

Mystery solved, I've been blocked.

I'm now trying to get access to my (honestly) earned voucher codes and the £35 PayPal voucher which is currently being processed.

Happy days
    • libra10
    • By libra10 19th Jun 17, 5:58 PM
    • 9,702 Posts
    • 174,312 Thanks
    libra10
    Sorry to hear you've been blocked! Have they given a reason for this?

I can't believe the number of members this has happened to.

Hope that you manage to get all the rewards which you have earned and are entitled to,
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 19th Jun 17, 7:35 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    merrydance
    Received another email. They are looking into my account and may let me back. Ooh how nice of them. Apparently I've been doing the surveys too quickly and choosing the same answers multiple times.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 19th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 9,702 Posts
    • 174,312 Thanks
    libra10
    Good luck!

Hope you manage to redeem the points quickly.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 20th Jun 17, 7:54 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 6,488 Thanks
    t14cy t
    merrydance, I too have received another email, same as yours!!! how very strange....my account hasn't reopened as yet though and to be honest not so sure I want to work for them after this.
    • Abi
    • By Abi 20th Jun 17, 10:23 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Abi
    I have received the same email!! not sure if i want to work for them again after this - annoyed though as they owe me £30 in vouchers.
    • waldokitty
    • By waldokitty 20th Jun 17, 2:14 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    waldokitty
    Hi,

Yes same email here.

Their support team is investigating my account

I feel like a master criminal.

Quite frankly I just want what I am owed.

Sue.

P.S. They are now referring to me as 'Geoff', probably due to my email address.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 20th Jun 17, 3:35 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 6,488 Thanks
    t14cy t
    lol. im just so glad im not the only one!! it remains to be seen if they reopen our accounts though, and more importantly will our accrued points still be there? .......the plot thickens!
    • waldokitty
    • By waldokitty 20th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    waldokitty
    Well still no invite back to join the Toluna party.

However, I have been invited to join a discussion group via an email from Toluna. My name is now 'Lynne'.

So not only a master criminal, but one who operates under numerous quises.
    • waldokitty
    • By waldokitty 21st Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    waldokitty
    A bit of good news for all awaiting payments, my outstanding £35 PayPal voucher has been paid today.
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 21st Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    merrydance
    Unfortunately I have to be able to get into my account to print my vouches as they are all e codes. So very annoying!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,113Posts Today

8,304Users online

Martin's Twitter