Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged)
    • 14th Jan 08, 6:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged) 14th Jan 08 at 6:35 PM
    Toluna is now back up from maintenance so we can start earning points again now.

There are a few differences to the site.
    First, the layout of some of the pages has changed slightly. There is a new homepage and dashboard
    Secondly, when you enter your "hot opinions", they msut now be 10 words or more long.
    Thirdly, the "personal interest" surveys have been updated.
    There are probably some other updates to that I haven't found yet
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
Page 209
    • Mags63
    • By Mags63 4th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Thankyou. You have said the same thing hubby said to me (along with other expletives I should add). I am a member of many others too and will certainly cash out on them asap.

As I cannot get on the site anymore I am wondering if anyone else has posted anything in relation to banning today. Are you aware that accounts can be re-instated? I recall a couple of months ago that one lady had been removed and her friends in the community made their feelings known and I think she was allowed back - but I cannot check of course.
    • Mags63
    • By Mags63 5th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Hmm, my OH has had a lot of completely irrelevant surveys sent to him recently, and now he's had an email saying they've banned him because his answers aren't good enough. He's had a lot of surveys where he's answered the screening type questions at the start and then they've carried on asking him about an irrelevant topic anyway - made up example, but it might say 'Did you buy a house in the last 6 months?' and he'll say 'no' and then it will carry on asking about the house he's bought, so he'll have said 'don't know' to every question, expecting to get screened out. Funny how they waited until the day after he requested a voucher to ban him. What are the chances of getting un-banned? He's written to them to ask which surveys have triggered this because their screening process seems to have completely failed lately - he had to use the normal 'contact us' form though and I'm not holding my breath on him getting a reply from that as I never have! Is there a particular person's email address that's best to write to about this? I'm a bit worried as I've had a lot of rubbish surveys like this recently too and I also have just requested a voucher, hope they don't try to delete my account as well!
    Originally posted by thriftymanc
    Hi again - well I received a response today. Toluna have agreed to honour the rewards I had pending - £80 in Amazon evouchers and £40 in Love2Shop vouchers! I am somewhat non-plussed by this. Surely if I had breached any Ts & Cs they would not have paid anything. I am still banned though and in today's response they actually mentioned abuse!! Good grief - I have no clue what on earth they are referring to. So I will reply once again and keep you posted.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 5th Oct 16, 8:09 PM
    • 8,477 Posts
    • 126,629 Thanks
    Glad that Toluna are going to pay your rewards and you're not going to lose out.

Best wishes
    • Mags63
    • By Mags63 6th Oct 16, 1:51 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Thankyou Libra. I must say I was very surprised that they are honouring the rewards but I did breathe a sigh of relief.
    • thriftymanc
    • By thriftymanc 17th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 1,800 Thanks
    They did the same to my OH - said they would honour his voucher that he's just requested, but that was it. I have heard from a friend that has also had her account deleted on the same day so it looks like they've just had a clear out. My OH asked for details of which surveys he had allegedly 'done wrong' and they didn't answer that, just the copied and pasted response again. I find it very hypocritical to accuse someone of giving rubbish rushed answers and then give a rubbish rushed answer themselves! It would have been a lot better if they had been honest and simply said "we have too many members so we're having a clear out and unfortunately you have been selected as one of the ones to get rid of" rather than accusing people of doing shoddy work. I know it's just the way these things are, but my OH was a bit put out by their email at first as it implied it was his fault and he always puts a lot of effort into surveys. Especially as this was the first we joined back in the day when it was Ciao - must have been over 10 years ago now? Oh well, at least we know now that it's Toluna rather than him!
    • Mags63
    • By Mags63 19th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Yes - tell him not to worry. It is Toluna and I agree they have just had a clear out especially after reading some FB comments on the same issue. I have not received those promised rewards yet so I will fire off another email at the end of the week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,464Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin