Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bacardi_queen
    Where to buy greater than 3.2m kitchen worktop?
    • 7th Jan 08, 1:39 PM
    Where to buy greater than 3.2m kitchen worktop? 7th Jan 08 at 1:39 PM
    Hi

I need some help, I've searched this forum and although some posts skirt around the topic, there isn't one that really answers my question. So here goes -

We're buying a new kitchen from MFI and need a wood effect laminate worktop that is 3.2m long. MFI only do 3m long worktops and as a result, our breakfast bar is being shortened to 1m instead of 1.2m and although it's only a small amount, I feel it really makes a difference. And we lose a bridging unit above the breakfast bar.

They quoted a really good price of £170 for the 3 x 3m Formica worktops as part of the overall kitchen and I'm worried that I'll not find a comparable price if I buy the worktop separately to get the 3.2m that I need.

So, are there any places that do cheap (but not forsaking quality) worktops over 3.2m that would fit an MFI kitchen? Apparantly the depth is an issue here as MFI ones are not the normal 600mm wide? Help would be VERY much appreciated.

PS I live in the Northampton area
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

1,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @stellacreasy: Walthamstow- if you were one of the 100 who helped lifted the bus to rescue that poor cyclist. Just Thank you. #proudmp #?

• RT @itvthismorning: Should Sam and her husband get a loan to pay for a dream trip? They dared to ask @MartinSLewis... so what did he say? h?

• Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• Follow Martin