Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• mumof3mk
    • By mumof3mk 21st Jun 05, 4:30 PM
    • 236Posts
    • 96Thanks
    alien gloop on kids clothing or carpet
    • 21st Jun 05, 4:30 PM
    alien gloop on kids clothing or carpet 21st Jun 05 at 4:30 PM
    hiya. my daughter came back from her dads, at the weekend, after buyin more of those stupid quid alien toys,. somehow, she managed to spill it, and it has set dry on her clothes.. tryed to scrap ity off, but to no avail.

does anyone know how best to remove it, or do i need to replace tghe clothes.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Page 2
    • Pleaseadvise
    • By Pleaseadvise 13th Nov 12, 2:38 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    Thanks to this thread I think I have saved my 3-year-old's new dress. She filled the pocket with alien goo, sticking the sides together. I soaked it in undiluted white vinegar which seemed to disintegrate it, and washed it by hand. Seems to be ok now, though it's not dry yet. Those alien eggs are a menace!
  • Leeloutheyaya
    I see some of the posts about Alien Goo are quite old but I have just removed our bright green alien goo which has been stuck in our (brown with white flex) carpet for about 2 months using Vanish, water and a cloth to scrub.
    • pamela9632
    • By pamela9632 25th Jun 16, 6:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    How to get rid of alien gloop
    That kind of happened to be but it was the clothing kind of material inside my bag. I tried the freezing but it didn't work as well as chewing gum so I was playing around and poured lemon juice on it and so I rubbed it in and the gloop was gone but remember to put something nice smelling or just water on it after because the lemon stinks or you could just wash the cloths after.
    • TheJan2013
    • By TheJan2013 10th Oct 16, 2:01 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Remove any loose goo. I wet the fabric and used Colgate ultra whitening toothpaste and goo was gone!!!I had previously been using liquid soap and warm water to no avail! toothpaste was sitting ther and viola!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,269Posts Today

4,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• RT @MSE_Deals: Psssst! Sneak preview of tomorrow's email deals NOW... On @MartinSLewis's Facebook: (pls help us spo?

• He tried to refuse the fare and tip I refused to be refused and said he should tree should put it in a charity tin

• Follow Martin