Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• 17th Jun 05, 10:20 AM
    INTERNATIONAL LOTTO COMMISSION (scam) 17th Jun 05 at 10:20 AM
    a friend got phone calls saying hes won a euromillions draw in spain and also a letter, i told him its a scam but heck knows what hes going to do, basically there asking him to pay 1.700.00p to a company thats Holding his winnings for him (Atlantico Group Seguridad SA) then they "will" send him his 400k winnings, and from that he has to give 5% to the company that holded his winnings and 10% to the company that entered his name into the draw

just thought id post it here if any one else has got the letter/phone calls,. ill scan and upload the letter later on
Page 1
  • BFG
    • 17th Jun 05, 11:41 AM
    • 17th Jun 05, 11:41 AM
    Can't believe that people still fall for this sort of scam!!!!!!!!

Have they been living in a cave for 10 years or what?
  • zakony
    • 17th Jun 05, 10:56 PM
    • 17th Jun 05, 10:56 PM
    i got 2 of these very week
    Life should not be taken seriously, as no one would get out alive
  • symy@nufc
    • 29th Sep 07, 11:48 AM
    • 29th Sep 07, 11:48 AM
    just got a letter from this scam today
    just won 915,810,00 euros from this scam !what a pity im not claiming it!!scam scam
    dont drink and drive
    come on the toon!!
  • speedtwin
    • 26th Oct 07, 2:53 PM
    • 26th Oct 07, 2:53 PM
    Just got one today saying i have won 815,810euros wow. What is worrying though is that they were sending them out without your name printed on the letter which was one of the indications it was a scam (according to a number of websites) so these scum are reading all the warnings about them selves and changing accordingly.

scum scum scum
  • justmarried06
    • 30th Oct 07, 2:51 PM
    • 30th Oct 07, 2:51 PM
    Looks like the emails have started doing the rounds on this one again as well - received this morning:

Watford, Head Office and Regional Centre Euro Millions,
    Tolpits Lane, Watford, Herts,
    WD18 9RN
    REF NO: EML/ 56-TF-8890776
    BATCH: 109/91300/EML

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today of winners of
    the MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO WINNINGS PROGRAMS held on 29th of October, 2007
    Your company or your personal e-mail address, is attached to ticket number
    9901-0148-790-691, with serial number 66109-17 drew the lucky numbers
    990-11-815-37-10-83, and consequently won the lottery in the 2nd category.
    You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of 420,000.00
    in cash
    credited to file REF NO: EML/ 56-TF-8890776. This is from total
    prize money of
    10,500,000.00 shared among the Twenty five (25) international winners in this
    To claim your winning prize, you must first contact the claims department by
    email or phone for processing and remittance of your prize money to you. The
    claims officer contact email is:
    Dr.Jeffrey Johnny
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 7011128393
    Mobile:+44 7031917017

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please
    to quote your reference and batch numbers in all correspondences with this
    office. Furthermore, should there be any change of your address, do
    inform us
    as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all our staff for being part of our
    promotions program.
    Catherine Grant (Mrs.),
    Euro Millions co-ordinator.

It's the yahoo email address that really gives it away.........!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts DFW Nerd: 241
  • Timmne
    • 31st Oct 07, 1:12 PM
    • 31st Oct 07, 1:12 PM
    Just reply and tell them to take their cut and then send you the cheque.

• dazalon
    • 11th Dec 07, 11:50 AM
    • 11th Dec 07, 11:50 AM
    Slight Change of Scam!

I got a letter this morning. Aren't I lucky, I've won 715,000 euros in a Spanish lottery and never even bought a lottery ticket!

They don't even want me to send any cash first - they'll deduct the 10% (for the agent that entered my name in the lottery) from my account once the winnings have been paid.

All I have to do is fax them my bank details, DoB, next of kin etc.

All personal details that are often used in security checks.

Think I'll pass on this one!
  • RickTransit
    • 15th Dec 07, 12:05 PM
    • 15th Dec 07, 12:05 PM
    I'm beginning to feel jealous of you lot - I got a letter this morning from the International Lotto Commission in Spain and I've only won 615,810 Euros! They're clearly getting tight-fisted now.

What's really amazing is the print job on the letter - I've got one of the cheapest printers going but the results I get are far better than this. Note to scammers "Try harder next time!"
  • saveaholic68
  • fudgeukraine
    if you're stupid enough to fall for these scams then maybe you deserve to fall for these scams. it's darwinism at work - removing those who are that stupid for us so that people can populate without these idiots!
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 16th Dec 07, 7:31 AM
    • 8,669 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    if you're stupid enough to fall for these scams then maybe you deserve to fall for these scams. it's darwinism at work - removing those who are that stupid for us so that people can populate without these idiots!
    Originally posted by fudgeukraine
    That may will the case, but many of the people who have fallen for this scam are elderly who were bought up in a less cynical age. So, if someone tells them they have won something, they believe them. They wouldn't even think they are being conned by these crooks.

This is the same group of people who are targeted by high-pressure salesmen selling over-priced adjustable beds, alarm systems and unnecessary building work. They know that these poor people will believe whatever they are being told.
    Last edited by trisontana; 19-01-2008 at 3:29 PM.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Joyful
    I am getting inundated with supposed wins from every lottery imaginable. What seems to be added to a lot now though is them asking you not to tell others until you have your money in your hand. LOL. Why do people keep falling for these scams? Especially if they ask you for money up front!:rolleyes:
  • alessev
    I got one of this winning letters this morning and i am fumming.
    It is obvious that is the scam, but annoying part is that they got my name and address.
    So, where actualy from...maybe so many lost confidential files from the government, may make us rich in the end.
    Wonder what actualy could be done, as it is very annoying..
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 19th Jan 08, 3:25 PM
    • 8,669 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    I got an email yesterday saying that I had won the "Oxford International Lottery" . They gave an address in Birmingham. When I checked on their supposed post-code it turned out to be for the Birmingham Hippodrome. Very appropriate for this bunch of clowns.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • hutje
    Int'l Lotto Commission
    They are at it again!!!!!!!!
    According to the International Lotto Commission I have won 985,950.00 Euros , because my name was attached toa certain ticket number, etc, bla, bla, bla.

All I have to do is get in touch with the International Lotto Commission and claim my prize before the 14th of March 2008 .

Well I have never purchased a ticket or even heard of the International Lotto Commission:confused: . And onn their stationary it says they are based in Madrid, but the stamp mark on the envelope says Malaga. Also the letter from the 'International Lotto Commission' is cleary printed from a computer colour printer (bad quality) in some kitchen somewhere in Spain .

Oh, when I claim I should n't forget that I have to pay 10% of my winning fund to my claims agent after the funds get to me. All I have to do is to fill in the form and send by fax to my claims agent .

Isn't this illegal?? And if it is can't the police/Interpol do anything about this??
  • Mork
    How do these people get your name and address in the first place? It's a bit worrying to know that these scumbags are able to get your name and address so easily, that's the start of identify fraud right there!
    I want to send my letter to someone who can deal with these bar stewards, who can I contact?
  • justpaper
    places like UK Info,. electoral roll data,.. u can buy access to it for 10£ a month, or u can just buy the software,. fits on 2 CDs so thats 2x 700MB ,.. not bad for every uk voters name and address,. aye < sarcastic remark

lol stop voting
  • Catseyes777
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know this scam is back on - I received a letter last week from Intl. Lotto Commission based in Madrid, sent from Malaga. The only change I can see from my research on the internet is that they have changed their address (moved a couple of doors down the same road) and the claim agent is now Don Ivan Marina from Classic Security & Finance Company S.A. They are now 'only' asking for 5% transfer fee.

They are also showing a picture on the letter which looks like it has been taken from the National Lottery here in the UK (logo in background).

Just thought this may help someone.
    • Belnahua
    • By Belnahua 12th Aug 08, 6:54 PM
    • 1,349 Posts
    • 1,675 Thanks
    I can beat the lot of you! Hands down!

I got a death threat, unless I paid several thousands of dollars to buy off the Nigerian hitman! The hitman was in the country and currently tracking me down, and I wouldn't know when it was going to happen!

The local police were useless - I know it's a scam, they know it's a scam - but I reported it to them, in case they wanted to carry an article in the local rag reassuring other not-so-clued-up people not to worry and not to send money! Especially as it was a nasty threatening scam, and could quite easily had some people boarding up their houses?

Apparently later I found out Essex Police carried a warning in their area, as they seemed worst affected with this email. Our police force - not interested.
    A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,353Posts Today

7,999Users online

Martin's Twitter