Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • reehsetin
    • By reehsetin 10th Dec 07, 3:27 PM
    • 4,774 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    reehsetin
    • 10th Dec 07, 3:27 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 3:27 PM
    i went to dubai with mr instead of miss on my ticket and no one batted an eyelid!
    Yes Your Dukeiness
  • dmg24
    • 10th Dec 07, 3:54 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 3:54 PM
    As it is part of the surname, you need to call them. It should only cost you £7 to change it x
  • duckcity
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:22 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:22 PM
    I have just returned from Funchal. Went from Manchester where you obtain your boarding card from an automated machine after scanning your passport My surname was spelt incorrectly.No problem
  • dmg24
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:33 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:33 PM
    I have just returned from Funchal. Went from Manchester where you obtain your boarding card from an automated machine after scanning your passport My surname was spelt incorrectly.No problem
    Originally posted by duckcity
    Firstly, you were not flying with Ryanair.

Secondly, had your ticket been checked and found to be incorrect, it is possible that you would have been charged an admin fee much higher than £7, plus the difference in cost between what you paid originally and a new ticket.

It is up to the OP if they wish to take the risk (taking into account that Ryanair tickets on the day of travel are very very expensive).
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 10th Dec 07, 4:35 PM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:35 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:35 PM
    You are allowed up to 3 letters that are incorrect.

You could always call them up to check.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • asea
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:50 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 4:50 PM
    You are allowed up to 3 letters that are incorrect.
    Originally posted by katiekittykat
    Where did you hear that from?
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 10th Dec 07, 5:49 PM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    • 10th Dec 07, 5:49 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 5:49 PM
    My cousin works for a tour operator and she told me.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • chriz1000
    • 10th Dec 07, 5:57 PM
    • 10th Dec 07, 5:57 PM
    I arranged a last minute club 18-30’s holiday for me and 6 of my mates earlier this year through Thomas Cook. They accidentally put Ms instead of Mr on two of the ticket names. I rang them up when I received the tickets to let them know the mistake, however they instantly tried to pass the blame onto me and said I would have to pay a £25 each way admin fee if I was at fault. They record all there phone calls, so luckily when they replayed the phone call they realised it was there mistake. Some of these companies really try it on with these fees though
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 10th Dec 07, 6:02 PM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    It doesn't matter if tickets say ms instead or mrs etc as passports don't have your title on anyway!!!
    • photome
    • By photome 10th Dec 07, 6:14 PM
    • 11,687 Posts
    • 7,232 Thanks
    photome
    It doesn't matter if tickets say ms instead or mrs etc as passports don't have your title on anyway!!!
    But it was Ms instead of Mr, guess he didnt want to go in drag
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 10th Dec 07, 6:23 PM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    That doesn't matter! Like i said your passport doesn't have a title on anyway!!!

Ms instead of mr was just example!!
    • peterbaker
    • By peterbaker 10th Dec 07, 6:25 PM
    • 1,968 Posts
    • 769 Thanks
    peterbaker
    Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? What's an 'N' between friends?
    • travellingbum
    • By travellingbum 10th Dec 07, 6:28 PM
    • 20,762 Posts
    • 50,747 Thanks
    travellingbum
    I made that mistake last year when I booked a flight to Singapore on ebookers. My booking confirmation had me as a Ms rather than the correct Mr! Correcting that little mistake cost me a £35 amendment fee!!
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 10th Dec 07, 6:37 PM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    i don't know how - like i said passports don't have your title on anyway - you were ripped off there!
    • Jamp
    • By Jamp 10th Dec 07, 7:58 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Jamp
    If you can check in online I'd be surprised if you were questioned at the gate, but if you have to check in at the desk I think it's a bit risky.
    • travellingbum
    • By travellingbum 11th Dec 07, 12:18 AM
    • 20,762 Posts
    • 50,747 Thanks
    travellingbum
    [quote=peterbaker;7159317]Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? quote]
    I'd cross my fingers and chance it as well. Good luck.
    • tkane
    • By tkane 11th Dec 07, 12:26 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    tkane
    [quote=travellingbum;7167731]
    Personally I think I'd chance it with this one and I wouldn't sweat over it ... MAN, MANN? quote]
    I'd cross my fingers and chance it as well. Good luck.
    Originally posted by peterbaker

So would I
    • exel1966
    • By exel1966 11th Dec 07, 8:37 AM
    • 4,819 Posts
    • 11,861 Thanks
    exel1966
    My cousin works for a tour operator and she told me.
    In that case she has mis-informed you. There are quite strict rules relating to the spelling of pax names due to the security/immigration climate in which airlines operate today.

However in the OP's case the chances are that you could pass through security checks 99 times out of 100 and it wouldn't be picked up by anyone, but it only takes the one eagle eyed immigration officer/check-in agent/security memeber to notice and it may spoil your day !!! £7 (if no change in flight cost) for peace of mind or.................?? The choice is yours.
    Last edited by exel1966; 11-12-2007 at 8:40 AM.
    • katiekittykat
    • By katiekittykat 11th Dec 07, 9:50 AM
    • 9,363 Posts
    • 36,350 Thanks
    katiekittykat
    urm no she hasn't - it happened to us when we went away, her name was 3 letters wrong and we were still allowed on!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,642Users online

Martin's Twitter