Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    catford
    advice needed for emergency payment from DSS
    • 10th Jun 05, 9:35 PM
    advice needed for emergency payment from DSS 10th Jun 05 at 9:35 PM
    I was made redundant in late may and the firm called in administrators.As a result we got no pay etc although some may come eventually. My problem is that as the local job centre is so busy i cant get an appointment till 21st june which means it will be ages before i get any benefit and ive got no money .With 2 young kids my wife cant work any harder and we still need to pay the mortgage etc !!Does anyone know if its possible to get an emergency payment of some sort??? I am looking for work but things are desperately tight and i dont want to borrow. any ideas??
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,670Posts Today

6,765Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AndyM_2101: @MartinSLewis -tourists taking large amounts of cash to Greece - perhaps a reminder on Travel Insurance limits for money th?

• RT @GothboyUK: @MartinSLewis Exactly the same amount I'm due! How strange. ????

• Beware! Just got this text from CONMEN eazyclaims "£3856 IS STILL waiting in your name, for the accident you had! To get money" etc

• Follow Martin