Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    glastowinebar
    Joint custody
    • 3rd Dec 07, 4:14 PM
    Joint custody 3rd Dec 07 at 4:14 PM
    I'm not sure if this subject has been brought up before(probably has but there's too many post to go through!)

I have joint custody of my children and see them exactly 50% of the time over the year...4 days one week and 3 the next.

My ex wife gets all the child benefit and all the tax credits ....I used to get 40 a month but they told me sometime ago that they have a different way of calculating it now and that child tax credits can't go to both parents, so my ex got my 40 plus I had to pay back everything they had paid me!

To be honest I have never contested this and neither do I want to as I don't pay maintenance but pay for everything the kids need direct..ie clothes, school uniform, trips...everything really

I'm just curious to know if any other joint custody parent split their child allowances and if its paid official or if it's unofficially done between both of you
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

2,259Users online

Martin's Twitter