Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 163
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 19th Mar 17, 11:22 AM
    • 962 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY

I suppose if Pablo Picasso were alive today, he's have wanted to grab the email address: Pablo.Diego.Jose.Francisco.de.Paula.Juan.Nepomucen o.Mar!a.de.los.Remedios.Cipriano.de.la.Sant!sima.T rinidad.Ruiz.y.Picasso@gmail.com
    Fortunately for him, since this is only 132 characters, he could even extend it if someone else has already taken that address.
    Originally posted by masonic
    Except Picks has said that it is the bit after the @ which is so long. So maybe it is something like picks@themostwonderfulinternetcompan...the world.com
    I thank you for reading this message. Maybe you will thank me for posting it!
    • masonic
    • By masonic 19th Mar 17, 11:25 AM
    • 8,771 Posts
    • 5,897 Thanks
    masonic
    Except Picks has said that it is the bit after the @ which is so long. So maybe it is something like picks@themostwonderfulinternetcompan...the world.com
    Originally posted by I-LOV-MONEY
    He should think himself lucky he doesn't work here:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04120480

picks(at)thisisthecompanywiththelongestnamesofarin corporatedattheregistryofcompaniesinenglandandwale sandencompassingtheregistriesbasedinscotlan.com
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 19th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 962 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    Okay, I think we have all made the point now. Can we stop turning this into a 'longest internet names' thread
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 19th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 2,489 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    He should think himself lucky he doesn't work here:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04120480

picks(at)thisisthecompanywiththelongestnamesofarin corporatedattheregistryofcompaniesinenglandandwale sandencompassingtheregistriesbasedinscotlan.com
    Originally posted by masonic
    You're only allowed 31 characters between dots
    picks(at)thisisthecompanywiththe.longestnamesofari ncorporated .attheregistryofcompanies.inenglandandwales .andencompassing.theregistriesbasedinscotlan.ltd.u k

Incidentally, that company name appears to have hit a limit at companies house, otherwise would have had a final 'd'.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • picks
    • By picks 19th Mar 17, 12:03 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    picks
    You're only allowed 31 characters between dots
    Originally posted by Eco Miser
    I've not heard of that rule: who made that one up? It certainly doesn't apply to my email address which is formed as follows:
    <name>@<34characters without a dot>.uk
    Actually that is a shortened version of my original email address which used to be:
    <name>@<34characters without a dot>.co.uk
    So I've already shrunk it by 3 characters!
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 19th Mar 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 2,489 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    Sorry, my mistake, wrong power of two -1; it's a maximum of 63 characters between dots. This is from RFC 883 DOMAIN NAMES - IMPLEMENTATION and SPECIFICATION, which has been superseded. It was probably made up by Jon Postel or P. Mockapetris while they were extending DARPANET into the Internet of 1983.
    Last edited by Eco Miser; 19-03-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 19th Mar 17, 1:25 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 548 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    I've not heard of that rule: who made that one up? It certainly doesn't apply to my email address which is formed as follows:
    <name>@<34characters without a dot>.uk
    Actually that is a shortened version of my original email address which used to be:
    <name>@<34characters without a dot>.co.uk
    So I've already shrunk it by 3 characters!
    Originally posted by picks
    You could try something like picks@gmail.com and then have it autoforwarded to your real e-mail address.
    • picks
    • By picks 19th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    picks
    The Nottingham BS eSaver i6 is no longer available
    Originally posted by Jo Blogs
    It's been replaced by eSaver Instant Issue 7, interest rate 1.05% for a balance of £1,000+. Given that interest rates are appalling at the moment, for instant access it's the best of a bad bunch currently beaten only by RCI at 1.10% for £100+.
    Last edited by picks; 19-03-2017 at 1:36 PM. Reason: missing word
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,719Posts Today

7,401Users online

Martin's Twitter