Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 78
    • Pops2116
    • By Pops2116 6th Sep 17, 2:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pops2116
    I switched to Origin broadband due to I was paying £28.99/month to sky for their basic package of broadband/line rental, I paid Origin upfront £154.99 so means I got an even cheaper deal! I received asus router free and setting it up took seconds, I was kept informed all through the process of switching and I highly recommend them
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 6th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 14,612 Posts
    • 34,959 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    None of my haggling has worked. Sky have raised my monthly landline and broadband by 73%. I have been with them for three years, but no points for loyalty this time around. How has anyone else done it?? Do you have a TV deal?? (I don't.) My broadband is free - like before, my landline is now £18.99 (was £11) and my anytime talk is now £8 (was £4). This £26.99 per month was an online offer when I cancelled. When I phoned it was even higher - £29. I have been trying to get through to them every day for two weeks and hung on for nearly an hour at a time without getting through. They didn't reply to my private message on Twitter even though they tell you to PM them. They have no email address. Their phone number has disappeared from their website for querying your bill - on top of the huge hike in price, they have overcharged me £38 in error. Eventually I got through and they have relocated to India. I finally got the error corrected but the correction will only appear in next month's bill. How can they get away with this when British Gas is headlines in the media for their small increase by comparison?? Isn't broadband and phone essential these days? I feel sick.
    Originally posted by AmberWH
    Currently switching from Sky broadband unlimited to PlusNet Fibre Unlimited. Sky has texted me to confirm the switch over date and sent me a letter confirming no early termination charges and that's it. No deals or begging me to come back, which is fine, I don't want to, but not the usual Sky response.

Judging by the fact their customer service is terrible - the online chat is always busy, no email address to contact, the phoneline says they are very busy and waits of half hour and even their Sky App chat is slow.....maybe a lot of unhappy people out there not renewing/trying to renew?
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
    • HWW
    • By HWW 19th Sep 17, 10:19 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    HWW
    The trick is as your broadband approaches the end of it's contract, contact: say your with BT, they will adamantly say your renewal package is the lowest price they can do. Sign up with someone else EG PlusNet to change over, about 7 days into your "cooling off period" if BT have not yet contacted you with a better offer, contact them & surprise surprise, their lowest price has got a lot lower - now YOU have initiated a change to another provider.
    You have suddenly become a "New customer" which they are now allowed to bribe with lower prices.
    A crazy system, but it seems to work - but you MUST go through the motions of leaving.
    I feel sorry for the customer service bods in the other providers - but it is the nature of the beast.
    This technique also often works with Power Gas & other services where there is competition.
    The logic being " Better some money from a customer, than none at all"
    The most recent "RESULT" from this method, was ADSL2 from BT, with no limits, min 7mbps (actually close to 17mbps usually) with a 12 month contract for £1 a month. This was in conjunction with a 24/7 phone package of up to an hour free of call charges & a 12 month line rental with free caller display & security.
    Moral, never accept the first offer & go through the motions of leaving - a 12 month chore, that can save you lots of cash over a year though.
    Last edited by HWW; 19-09-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    • Wayne19752309
    • By Wayne19752309 22nd Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wayne19752309
    Hi. I have no existing telephone line but want to find the best but most affordable broadband package. I was thinking about videophone but I keep seeing mixed reviews. Help.
    • Wayne19752309
    • By Wayne19752309 22nd Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wayne19752309
    I meant voda phone. Not videophone. Lol
    • Wayne19752309
    • By Wayne19752309 22nd Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wayne19752309
    I meant voda phone. Not videophone. Lol. Write it a little too quickly using auto correct.
    • AmberWH
    • By AmberWH 22nd Sep 17, 10:15 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AmberWH
    Go on to the Moneysavingexpert "Broadband Unbundled" and put in your post code. All the ISPs will pop up for new users from the cheapest to the most expensive in your area. Good luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,270Posts Today

9,487Users online

Martin's Twitter