Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 26th Oct 07, 2:11 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    PPI Reclaims not covered by the FOS
    • 26th Oct 07, 2:11 PM
    PPI Reclaims not covered by the FOS 26th Oct 07 at 2:11 PM
    This thread is specifically for discussing your PPI Reclaiming case if it is not covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service.

To report your case click post reply

You can take your complaint to the FOS if your lender was regulated by the Financial Services Authority at the time you signed your agreement. This can be checked on the FSA Register.
    Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 20-02-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Page 35
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Feb 18, 3:41 PM
    • 15,451 Posts
    • 16,372 Thanks
    zx81
    No. It's pre regulation, as you've been advised.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 19,422 Posts
    • 10,536 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    is there any other action we can take,
    Originally posted by Alan Medcalf
    Well, the only other action you could take is litigation. This is not recommended though, as it is expensive and you'd very likely lose in court.

Time to put this one to bed.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Feb 18, 12:50 AM
    • 91,010 Posts
    • 58,011 Thanks
    dunstonh
    My wife had a Mortgage with the Legal and General Insurance Ltd, arranged through Derby Mortgage Advice Bureau, unknown to her there was a PPI Policy raised, even the application form for the Mortgage the section re PPI is blank, Direct Debit payments for this cover is paid to Legal and General, both refuse to accept that it is their problem, passed to the Financial Ombudsman who have responded saying , as the Policy was sold was before 14 January 2005 as this was before businesses selling Insurance were regulated they cannot look at complaints against them, is there any other action we can take, many thanks for any help you may be able to give.
    Originally posted by Alan Medcalf
    As mentioned above, it is pre-regulation. If it is less than 15 years ago then you can try the courts. However, that is likely to fail. Mainly as the type of PPI you have is the good type. Standalone monthly premium not built into the debt. One of two types of PPI still retailed today.

The PPI issue is mainly against banks. Mortgage brokers/advisers account for under 1% of complaints with the majority of those rejected. Even many claims companies wont take on complaints against them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Millown
    • By Millown 12th Feb 18, 3:13 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Millown
    I have spoken to two different Manager's at Natwest, one states that it is CPP and one states that it is in fact PPI. I am now confused. I thought that CPP was a set amount, i.e, GBP30 and not necessarily a percentage of the card's balance as it appeared on the statement. Hence the reason I assumed that it was PPI. I am in the process of retrieving further statements.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,969Posts Today

9,843Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've been asked a few times if I'd been approached about chairing or being on the independent panel on post 18/stud? https://t.co/LpWASObp9k

• Just finished on @bbc5live talking student finance. So complex talking all the iterations

• On @bbc5live now half way through explaining how student finance reallyw orks

• Follow Martin