PPI Reclaims not covered by the FOS

Comments

• Shamrock - FOS told me last week that they will now look at claims pre 2005 regardless of GISC membership. So not sure what is going on there then! I have claims pre 2005 with Black Horse and Welcome, neither had GISC membership at the time of my loans.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Shamrock - FOS told me last week that they will now look at claims pre 2005 regardless of GISC membership. So not sure what is going on there then! I have claims pre 2005 with Black Horse and Welcome, neither had GISC membership at the time of my loans.
    This is why I say they will maybe look into it cause some are told one thing and others another. Seems it depends who you talk to. :confused:
  • barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    and further to that Shamrock, FOS have taken on mine as well which is pre GISC. The are looking at the Insurance underwriter route which of course was subject to the ABI code. Similar rules to the FSA/FOS/GISC.

Fingers crossed this bears fruit.
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • shamrock7
    shamrock7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    barloo69 wrote: »
    and further to that Shamrock, FOS have taken on mine as well which is pre GISC. The are looking at the Insurance underwriter route which of course was subject to the ABI code. Similar rules to the FSA/FOS/GISC.

Fingers crossed this bears fruit.
    Thanks Barloo69 thats so strange. Well if you dont mind updating me I will phone Monday and use those very words about insurance underwriter route. Although I'm not actually sure what all that means. Could you explain. It gives me a bit hope anyway! Thanks v much!;)
  • shamrock7
    edited 8 August 2009 at 8:34PM
    Hi guys this is my letter I've drafted to resubmit to the FOS,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received my letter back regarding the fact that Welcome Finance were not regulated through GISC at time of my loan.

This means unfortunately you can’t deal with my complaint. They really are giving me a hard time and I was totally missold my whole PPI and the medical insurance. Unfortunately at that time I believed I had to do this and really needed the cash.

I was wondering if you could possibly look into my complaint the following way by looking at the Insurance underwriter route which of course was subject to the ABI code. Similar rules to the FSA/FOS/GISC.

I know it may not be possible but I would be so grateful if you could look into this as I ironically only missed the regulation date by 3 weeks. I have popped my case back in with this and totally understand should it not be possible. I realise Court may be the only option as they won’t even discuss this with me at Welcome. It’s so unfair and infuriating,

Kind Regards
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    shamrock7 wrote: »
    Hi guys this is my letter I've drafted to resubmit to the FOS,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received my letter back regarding the fact that Welcome Finance were not regulated through GISC at time of my loan.

This means unfortunately you can’t deal with my complaint. They really are giving me a hard time and I was totally missold my whole PPI and the medical insurance. Unfortunately at that time I believed I had to do this and really needed the cash.

I was wondering if you could possibly look into my complaint the following way by looking at the Insurance underwriter route which of course was subject to the ABI code. Similar rules to the FSA/FOS/GISC.

I know it may not be possible but I would be so grateful if you could look into this as I ironically only missed the regulation date by 3 weeks. I have popped my case back in with this and totally understand should it not be possible. I realise Court may be the only option as they won’t even discuss this with me at Welcome. It’s so unfair and infuriating,

Kind Regards

Well done :T:T:T
    Good one for speaking up hun, hope this works for you, its a great letter and if they do this it will also give hope to others as well.

Just 3 weeks that is so annoying, I do certainly hope they will look at this for you Shamrock.
    Everything crossed.;)XX
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • shamrock7
    Thanks Di, I will be in touch. Fingers crossed. Ready to post!x
  • di3004
    Thanks Di, I will be in touch. Fingers crossed. Ready to post!x

Your welcome Shamrock

I just really hope they can deal with this for you, and for a matter of just 3 weeks out.;)XX
  • shamrock7
    Hi guys,
    Thought Id give you an update on the WF debacle. Thanks to barloo69 I may have a glimmer of hope with FOS. I spoke to a helpful gentleman at the FOS today who suggested I phone Welcome to name their underwriters. After the wrong info first time round as I was given the brokers name, Direct Group I then called back and was told that the underwriters were Aviva/Norwich Union and I have let the FOS know.
    The Compliance department at Welcome didn't answer the phone for 3 hours today and they are mostly rude and cant be bothered when they do in my experience.
    Hopefully I will make some progress..........thanks to all
  • di3004
    Hi guys,
    Thought Id give you an update on the WF debacle. Thanks to barloo69 I may have a glimmer of hope with FOS. I spoke to a helpful gentleman at the FOS today who suggested I phone Welcome to name their underwriters. After the wrong info first time round as I was given the brokers name, Direct Group I then called back and was told that the underwriters were Aviva/Norwich Union and I have let the FOS know.
    The Compliance department at Welcome didn't answer the phone for 3 hours today and they are mostly rude and cant be bothered when they do in my experience.
    Hopefully I will make some progress..........thanks to all

Cool and good one barloo69 :T:T.
    Fingers crossed for you Shamrock.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business