Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 34
    • blindman
    • By blindman 9th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 4,934 Posts
    • 3,976 Thanks
    blindman
    @Greenface

Thanks for the Thanks but not sure why?

Anyway here's my quote

Measurements-My rough brick to brick

Windows 17 in total (5 Non opening.)

120cm x 100 x 10 (3 not open)

90cm x 100 x 2

60cm x 100cm x 2 (1 Not open)

66cm x 66cm x 3 (1 Not open)

Doors
    210cm x 100cm x 3

Patio
    210cm x 195cm x 1

Got 3 quotes from Independents who all seem to use Liniar

All A rating glass and secure doors (?)

Cambridgeshire area.

Quotes range from

£7k

£10K

£13K

The £13k is for a Oak effect and doors at £1k each (his words) and the others just plain white (no detail on doors) so I would assume that would bring it down to around £10K

All are local and have good reviews on various sites.

So my question is:-

Why is the cheapest £3K less or is this a fair quote?

What do I need to ask this firm to determine why their quote is way cheaper?

Thanks
    • greenface
    • By greenface 16th Jul 17, 8:56 PM
    • 4,549 Posts
    • 2,313 Thanks
    greenface
    there maybe a decent firm close to you knocking out liniar for a good price . Liniar is a decent system but something I know little of . 17 white frames brick to brick . depending whats coming out and make up needed could be done for about 5k and not more than 6 add a grand for each comp door and patio theres your 10k I would say max as they are not big frames but 7k is good price for similar profiles and fits but it wouldn't leave a great deal over to be fair , As a job for me I would go in about £8,750 ish and reluctant to drop anything , done within a week

p.s I'm not interested , too far & too busy
    North Wales Holiday Home Owner
    • blindman
    • By blindman 21st Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,934 Posts
    • 3,976 Thanks
    blindman
    there maybe a decent firm close to you knocking out liniar for a good price . Liniar is a decent system but something I know little of . 17 white frames brick to brick . depending whats coming out and make up needed could be done for about 5k and not more than 6 add a grand for each comp door and patio theres your 10k I would say max as they are not big frames but 7k is good price for similar profiles and fits but it wouldn't leave a great deal over to be fair , As a job for me I would go in about £8,750 ish and reluctant to drop anything , done within a week

p.s I'm not interested , too far & too busy
    Originally posted by greenface
    Final quotes

£9700 Rehau
    £9800 Kommerling
    £10,275 Komerling
    £10,465 Kommerling or Rehau (supposedly)

All same guarantees etc, differences maybe composite doors specs.

So Liniar looks too cheap.
    • greenface
    • By greenface 22nd Jul 17, 12:18 AM
    • 4,549 Posts
    • 2,313 Thanks
    greenface
    all decent profiles and youre not getting overpriced . go with who you feel will do a good job , That's going to be your saving . quality isn't expensive .. its priceless
    North Wales Holiday Home Owner
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin