Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 32
    • bentaubman
    • By bentaubman 2nd Jun 16, 8:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bentaubman
    I am absolutely disgusted with the service we have not received from Everest. They have totally let us down and and we are now left with an unresolved situation. December 26 2015 our patio door shattered, 4/1/16 spoke to office and agreed to send and engineer. he came that week looked and said no problem replacement would be ordered. 3 weeks later a phone call, we thought to book a fitting, it was to arrange for another engineer to come to measure up! he came and measured up and took photos. a few weeks later arrangement made to ft window, day before fitting cancelled appointments and made another for 3 weeks later, the day before they cancelled and made another appointment for 3 weeks later, one engineer turned up the other did not so no job done, appointment made they turned up only to find the glass was the wrong size! a new one was ordered and the fitting was arranged for May and they cancelled that made a date for tomorrow they cancelled today, after holding onto ansaphone for 25 minutes being number 1 in the queue i spoke to someone who said she couldn't help not her department but would get a manager to ring back if they had not gone home, Grant Sacks rang back, i have spoken to him before, who told me he did not know when our new unit would be fitted as there are no engineers, we are in limbo with no answers, no window and ours is a large patio window.
    • Lynnie27
    • By Lynnie27 24th Jun 16, 11:34 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 2,258 Thanks
    Lynnie27
    I have inherited my parents house (South Staffordshire area) which is only partially double glazed. Therefore I need to replace windows in two upstairs back bedrooms, a small one in the bathroom, one on the landing and one in the dining room. However, I am considering having the dining room window replaced with French doors and also a new uPVC front door (which has a glass side panel which would also need replacing. So for

5 x Windows
    Front door plus glass side panel
    French doors (which involves moving a radiator)

What ballpark price would you think I'm looking at?
    • Tris C
    • By Tris C 13th Jul 16, 10:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tris C
    Quote from Anglian
    Hi

Ive just had a quote from Anglian Windows to replace 8 windows, a front door and a pair of French doors, the quote ive been given is a "smashing offer" down from the original price of £19K to £7200.

The windows and doors are as follows;

Master Bedroom 1 - 1200 x 1200
    Master Bedroom 2 - 1200 x 1200
    Front Bedroom - 960 x 1800
    Rear Bedroom - 960 x 1900
    Bathroom - 750 x 1800 (Frosted Glass)
    Landing - 900 x 1700
    Kitchen - 950 x 950
    Fanlight - 950 x 430
    Standard front door in Blue with frosted glass
    French doors - 1800 x 2050

The quoted price of £7200 includes removing the old windows and door and applying DPC to the old Sash Boxes (4 in total at £1200)

Is this quote within the ballpark or am I being fleeced?

Thanks in Advance
    • greenface
    • By greenface 14th Jul 16, 11:14 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,276 Thanks
    greenface
    Hi

Ive just had a quote from Anglian Windows to replace 8 windows, a front door and a pair of French doors, the quote ive been given is a "smashing offer" down from the original price of £19K to £7200.

The windows and doors are as follows;

Master Bedroom 1 - 1200 x 1200
    Master Bedroom 2 - 1200 x 1200
    Front Bedroom - 960 x 1800
    Rear Bedroom - 960 x 1900
    Bathroom - 750 x 1800 (Frosted Glass)
    Landing - 900 x 1700
    Kitchen - 950 x 950
    Fanlight - 950 x 430
    Standard front door in Blue with frosted glass
    French doors - 1800 x 2050

The quoted price of £7200 includes removing the old windows and door and applying DPC to the old Sash Boxes (4 in total at £1200)

Is this quote within the ballpark or am I being fleeced?

Thanks in Advance
    Originally posted by Tris C
    overpriced but not as bad as normal .but you have been given a smashing price . I don't understand the dpc part .are there 4 box sashes (possibly your tall ones) are they coming all out , inc timber architraves . are they bricking up or timber lining etc / that part is confuddled me ,I cant say overpriced because I'm not sure . if I was doing either to box sash I wouldn't pop £300 ontop of each plus the fitting price ontop of that. I worked it to about just over 5K inc making good to 4 box sashes either way . but that's without seeing as you may have fancy covings which could be affected . standard blue door means composite .prices differ and whats needed to your French doors if anything etc . pop us a pic of one of the the inside to see .
    North Wales Holiday Home Owner
    • greenface
    • By greenface 14th Jul 16, 11:21 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,276 Thanks
    greenface
    I am absolutely disgusted with the service we have not received from Everest. They have totally let us down and and we are now left with an unresolved situation. December 26 2015 our patio door shattered, 4/1/16 spoke to office and agreed to send and engineer. he came that week looked and said no problem replacement would be ordered. 3 weeks later a phone call, we thought to book a fitting, it was to arrange for another engineer to come to measure up! he came and measured up and took photos. a few weeks later arrangement made to ft window, day before fitting cancelled appointments and made another for 3 weeks later, the day before they cancelled and made another appointment for 3 weeks later, one engineer turned up the other did not so no job done, appointment made they turned up only to find the glass was the wrong size! a new one was ordered and the fitting was arranged for May and they cancelled that made a date for tomorrow they cancelled today, after holding onto ansaphone for 25 minutes being number 1 in the queue i spoke to someone who said she couldn't help not her department but would get a manager to ring back if they had not gone home, Grant Sacks rang back, i have spoken to him before, who told me he did not know when our new unit would be fitted as there are no engineers, we are in limbo with no answers, no window and ours is a large patio window.
    Originally posted by bentaubman
    late reply . why would you wait half a year for a job that could be ordered in a week and take an hour to do . It must be still under guarantee for them to do it / so why send someone out to measure . they have all the info in their system . give them a week and tell them you will go elsewhere and send them the bill (about £200/300) Dislike Everest with a passion . bet it wasn't the cheapest quote you had either
    • greenface
    • By greenface 14th Jul 16, 11:24 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,276 Thanks
    greenface
    I have inherited my parents house (South Staffordshire area) which is only partially double glazed. Therefore I need to replace windows in two upstairs back bedrooms, a small one in the bathroom, one on the landing and one in the dining room. However, I am considering having the dining room window replaced with French doors and also a new uPVC front door (which has a glass side panel which would also need replacing. So for

5 x Windows
    Front door plus glass side panel
    French doors (which involves moving a radiator)

What ballpark price would you think I'm looking at?
    Originally posted by Lynnie27
    about 5k max . don't forget your not just shifting the rad but the wall its on . plastering skirting and tread board , have you got it sorted . what price
    • ak_wf1
    • By ak_wf1 3rd Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    ak_wf1
    Hi All

Looking for a experienced opinion on my Quote from safestyle:

2 composite doors
    8 Windows:
    1) 900 x 2000
    2) 1900 x 2200
    3) 1200 x 1800
    4) 900 x 1700
    5) 900 x 1500
    6) 700 x 900
    7) 1200 x 1700
    8) 1200 x 2000

Price £5k casement windows. coming down from a massive Rrp £15000.

Location West Yorkshire.

Thanks
    • whambam
    • By whambam 3rd Oct 16, 5:17 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    whambam
    Always haggle and get a lower quote they will say a set price and they will not go lower do it anyway and also speak to their boss on the phone and tell them i will go elsewhere if you do not accept £4500 or whatever you think is a fair price.
    • ak_wf1
    • By ak_wf1 3rd Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    ak_wf1
    Always haggle and get a lower quote they will say a set price and they will not go lower do it anyway and also speak to their boss on the phone and tell them i will go elsewhere if you do not accept £4500 or whatever you think is a fair price.
    Originally posted by whambam
    Thanks. Would you say £4500 is a good price for what I require?
    Obviously I want it cheap as possible.
    • whambam
    • By whambam 3rd Oct 16, 5:36 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    whambam
    I got 11 windows and 2 doors for £7000 and I joined a company and was told by all the salesmen I got ripped off I should of paid £5K max you should of spoke to the manager on the phone. They work on a sliding scale basis from 0% or -59% they take some of your money as commission.
    • greenface
    • By greenface 3rd Oct 16, 9:25 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,276 Thanks
    greenface
    more info required but there are some big frames there and no small ones to balance them out . I would say a good price on the info supplied (you've not mentioned what types of composites or openers required but going on standard house) 2 men 3 x days for casement .Ignore the 15k boll ox . You can get better than safestyle on product and service and probably price too. shop around local , May cost the same but a better service and product.
    Hi All

Looking for a experienced opinion on my Quote from safestyle:

2 composite doors
    8 Windows:
    1) 900 x 2000
    2) 1900 x 2200
    3) 1200 x 1800
    4) 900 x 1700
    5) 900 x 1500
    6) 700 x 900
    7) 1200 x 1700
    8) 1200 x 2000

Price £5k casement windows. coming down from a massive Rrp £15000.

Location West Yorkshire.

Thanks
    Originally posted by ak_wf1
    • ak_wf1
    • By ak_wf1 12th Oct 16, 7:04 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    ak_wf1
    Greenface, dropped you a PM. Please have a look.

Thanks

QUOTE=greenface;71397958]more info required but there are some big frames there and no small ones to balance them out . I would say a good price on the info supplied (you've not mentioned what types of composites or openers required but going on standard house) 2 men 3 x days for casement .Ignore the 15k boll ox . You can get better than safestyle on product and service and probably price too. shop around local , May cost the same but a better service and product.[/QUOTE]
    • diesel dog
    • By diesel dog 13th Oct 16, 8:27 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    diesel dog
    I might as well jump on this thread as well if you don't mind

Looking to get replacements, all on ground level:

2 x 1220x1220 - two openings
    1 x 1200x750 - one opening
    1 x French doors 2000x2100 with glass side panels - currently sliding patio doors.

Had 2 quotes at £2000 and £2250. The cheaper quote uses Linear and a 2 man team trading from home. The other quote uses Vevo and has about 10 man team and office/unit based.
    North Hampshire.
    • ak_wf1
    • By ak_wf1 13th Oct 16, 6:43 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    ak_wf1
    Greenface emailed you again. Thanks
    • Gordiep
    • By Gordiep 19th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gordiep
    Anglian - quick advice
    hi quick one for you all, at work so dn't have the measurements to hand.

i recently got stung with a sales pitch from hell from DM Design for a kitchen and the lesson was very well learned. had Anglian due to come round as a guy had chapped the door and said they would hold the price for 12 months which suited me as we have always spoke about doing the windows next year. anyway the guy came on the Friday and i explained to him clearly and firmly that i was only looking for a quote and he had an hour tops. i explained the DM Design experience which he seemed to take on board.

for 10 windows ( 2 x large bedroom, large living room, large dining room, small opening kitchen, bathroom, upstairs hall and bedroom along with a small fixed window in the downstairs hall and beside the back door) with a new UPVC back door and composite front door (with glass panels on each side) i forget the original quote (£14k springs to mind) but the guy cut through all the sales subbish and said i can do it for around £10k with finance reducing it to around £9.5k.

he left quite the thing and i've basically ignored the sales calls, as i say it was only for a price and to be honest i was expecting them to be in that ball park and a local supplier to be cheaper.

my query for you all is, i accidnently answered the sales phonecall (should have saved the number) and the guy was pleasnat enough but when i sai i was putting things off til next year he said is it the money? when i said partly, he said i can easily knock £1300 off it for you if you get it done in the next 6 months. when he first called he thought the sales guy had quoted me £9k. so basically I am pretty confident i could reasonably easily get the guy signed up to £7.5k but I wondered how cheeky is cheeky to get the price down? I said I'd talk to the wife and he is going to call in the morning so I am tight for time to get a like for like quote though I can dm the sizes to anyone later.

my parents have had Anglian windows for about 25 years and other than being 25 years old have had little to no issues with them so as a brand I do trust their product. just don't want fleeced....especially as its eating into my campervan savings potentially!!
    • greenface
    • By greenface 19th Oct 16, 10:29 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,276 Thanks
    greenface
    If you say your big comp is 1400 and your back door is 600 then there is 2k . leaves 5.5k for 10 frames . we don't know what's needed in work but for over 500 a window that's still showing mentally expensive to me . Have you had any other quotes ? get some . I'm not a great fan of Anglians sales where they have halved it from concept . If you agreed at 10 would they be any different than at 7.5 No. I think that's taking advantage of people who may not be as savvy as others . Ive fitted frames 25 years ago without issue its possible if measured and fitted correctly .Its good to see locally even on my old house that people have moved in (twice) and kept the old frames. Reading that again it says Double glazing sales is different from others .its not
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter