Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• NatashaH88
    • By NatashaH88 14th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Help needed for pcn from cel
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    Help needed for pcn from cel 14th Mar 18 at 3:16 PM
    I have never posts before and for months now before November I have been reading all the NEWBIES thread along with searching other people's experiences with civil enforcement ltd.

I am after some advice on how to go about my situation. Reading the faq really has helped but I am not clear where to start or where I stand as the cel use very scary words in the letter have received.

Long story short back in November 2017 I parked within a car park ran by cel and was caught on a parking eye entering and leaving the car park.
    The maximum stay here is 4 1/2 hours. I ended up over staying by 18mins.
    I was breast feeding my newborn baby once I returned to my car.
    Before hand I took my 93 year old disabled nan to get food. I have to physically lift her in and out of the car.

I soon received a letter demanding £60 or £100 thereafter if I did not respond.
    Foolishly I contacted the company and disagreed with the charge. I wrote in my appeal or my circumstances and they declined my appeal.
    I then wrote it popla appealed and lost.
    I had no idea how to complete the appeals and fen I left a lot of important words outs.

Today I have received a letter to say if I do not respond and now pay £140 (£100 for original charge + add cost) I will either have my vehicle seized, bailiffs or a ccj.
    I am a bag of nerves and with reading other threads along with the newbies forum I just can not make heads of tails of where I stand now.
    What do I do? I know on the f&q with first debt letter it says do nothing. Is this the answer to my own question?
    Please help me.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Mar 18, 3:55 PM
    • 34,761 Posts
    • 18,786 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:55 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:55 PM
    Their threat is empty in as much as they cannot seize your car/send bailiffs until they win a ccj against you which you don't pay off within a month of the judgement date

If and when they send a lbcca or you get court correspondence then come back to the newbies faq thread for advice on how to deal with it

Till then you can ignore the threats!
    Last edited by Quentin; 14-03-2018 at 5:17 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    • 54,832 Posts
    • 68,495 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:12 PM
    I am a bag of nerves and with reading other threads along with the newbies forum I just can not make heads of tails of where I stand now.
    - Ignore debt letters.

- Wait for CEL to send a court claim, then copy what everyone else does and win.

- Read some CEL defence threads, you will see a pattern, it is EASY and they discontinue.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• NatashaH88
    • By NatashaH88 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:40 AM
    Thank you both very much. I will return to f&q newbies if they go ahead with their threats
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 8,499 Posts
    • 7,895 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 8:42 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors..

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,765Users online

Martin's Twitter