Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Lemonadedrinker
    • By Lemonadedrinker 13th Mar 18, 10:32 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Understanding Car insurance quotes
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:32 PM
    Understanding Car insurance quotes 13th Mar 18 at 10:32 PM
    Good evening guys..
    I've searched for car insurance quotes on search engine and let's say I was quoted £600 a year..well I had one accident 4 years ago which I declared so I only have 3 years NCB ...when altering my info I've removed the accident and put 12 years NCB and still get quoted £600 how can this be?? I'm very confused ?? Any ideas guys please
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Mar 18, 2:32 AM
    • 26,760 Posts
    • 10,759 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:32 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:32 AM
    Because insurance doesnt make sense to us mere mortals.

I could have saved money by adding a driver thats had several claims in the past couple of years, even thout my history is clear.

And if you have used your real details the insurer may know you tried putting 0 claims..
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 14th Mar 18, 9:23 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:23 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 9:23 AM
    Although insurers asked for 5 yrs claims history generally once it reaches 3 yrs it will no longer affect the premium you pay (no loadings applied). You should see a small difference when increasing your NCD level. Id expect about 10% between 3 and 5 yrs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,566Posts Today

7,394Users online

Martin's Twitter