Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Rrimv
    • By Rrimv 13th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Help to Buy ISA Confusion
    • 13th Mar 18, 9:47 PM
    Help to Buy ISA Confusion 13th Mar 18 at 9:47 PM

I havenít subscribed to this years ISA and Iím thinking about opening a Help to Buy ISA for this year. My confusion is, for the next ISA allowance year if I were to keep putting in money into the H2B ISA, would be able to open Cash ISA and fund that as well in the new ISA allowance year? Or because Iím funding an H2B ISA in the new year, even though I opened it the previous year, the money going into the H2B is classed as money being funded in the new ISA year.
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Mar 18, 11:32 PM
    • 6,545 Posts
    • 6,673 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:32 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:32 PM
    You're only allowed to pay new money into one ISA of each type in any given tax year, so as a HTB falls within the category of cash ISA, you can't fund a HTB and a different cash ISA in the same tax year, regardless of when you opened either, unless you have both with one of the providers who offer a split ISA facility, such as Nationwide....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,551Posts Today

4,118Users online

Martin's Twitter