Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Aks242
    • By Aks242 13th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Avant credit problems
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:23 PM
    Avant credit problems 13th Mar 18 at 2:23 PM
    Bear with me on this one.....

I am having no end of trouble with Avant credit. I have had the loan since 2015. In October 2017 I called them to change the date that the payment was taken from my account, the operative inadvertently changed the payment schedule to come of my account twice a month, I asked for this to be rectified and in doing so he put my account into arrears (I was not in arrears). I was then 3 days later charged any additional payment (which after painful phone calls had refunded).

The 'arrears' went on for another 4 months, I would receive an email to tell me I was overdue, they began to charge me late payment fees, I received an email from every month to tell me I was overdue and the fees had increased, every time they emailed I called them and I was fobbed off with 'We have escalated this to our resolutions team' and every month they didn't and another email would arrive in my inbox. Feb 2018 I was issued with a default notice . I spoke to Customer complaints who finally got the account put straight, the charges removed and the 'arrears' rectified.

Having had enough of their horrendous customer service, I paid the loan off in full. I am still waiting for them to put my online account right, it still shows a future payment schedule with a further 7 months of payment. Every time I call them the fob me off with the aforementioned 'we have escalated it to the resolutions team' and now the new 'the team is in America, we can't contact them'. I have been promised that they will call me back, I am still waiting on 3 call backs.......

I have advised them that I will be submitting a subject access request and that I am reporting them to the FCA. Nothing works. I am so stressed with all of this and don't know what else I can do...... I just want my online account to reflect the truth so I can wash my hands of this abysmal company.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    • 16,080 Posts
    • 17,042 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:34 PM
    It's not the FCA you want to report to, as they're not customer facing.

Escalate to FOS, if you're not getting resolution.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Mar 18, 4:42 PM
    • 13,455 Posts
    • 12,857 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:42 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:42 PM
    Only you see your online account, if the matter has been settled, why bother ?

AVANT are useless, escalating to the FOS may get you some closure.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 13-03-2018 at 4:47 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see :
    • Aks242
    • By Aks242 13th Mar 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:47 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 6:47 PM
    That’s the thing, the matter hasn’t been settled, my online account shows 1p outstanding (their technical fault not mine). As this shows on my online account, until they clear it, they will not confirm that the loan has been settled. I guarantee they will try and take the payment ‘scheduled’ in April, they will charge me late fees for the 1p and I will end up with another default notice, I am not prepared to go through another 4 months of battling with them, I have paid the loan in full and they should honour their part of the contract by providing me a confirmation of settlement and close my account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,580Users online

Martin's Twitter