Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• catemead
    • By catemead 13th Mar 18, 1:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    De-icing delay - qualify for compensation?
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:51 PM
    De-icing delay - qualify for compensation? 13th Mar 18 at 1:51 PM
    I recently was delayed taking off from Heathrow, landing over 3 hours late into Asia and missing my connecting flight, and then had to spend 12 hours overnight at the airport before the next available connecting flight. The delay was due to the long queue for planes at T5 to be de-iced before take off. We sat on the tarmac for 3 hours waiting to be de-iced. I put in a delayed flight compensation claim to British Airways, who are citing extreme weather conditions, but this is surely an operational issue. The runways were open to planes but they hadn't got organised to de-ice the plane in time to fly. Has anyone had any success with claiming compensation for flight delays due to de-icing delays?
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Mar 18, 1:53 PM
    • 11,112 Posts
    • 7,300 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:53 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:53 PM
    you will find posts for that issue on the British Airways dedicated thread, it is also discussed at length on the BA forum on Flyertalk
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 3,016 Posts
    • 1,980 Thanks
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    Whether your reasoning is sound or not, you'll almost certainly have to take them to court to get a result (or get a company to do it for you).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,396Posts Today

9,551Users online

Martin's Twitter