Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Smithies2018
    • By Smithies2018 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Car Insurance and Home Insurance - Provider
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:58 PM
    Car Insurance and Home Insurance - Provider 12th Mar 18 at 6:58 PM

I've been researching for both car insurance and home insurance and seems to be coming to no reasonable package. The car insurance quoted to us costs more than GBP1,000 pound!

Would like to seek advice for:
    Car Insurance - Main driver (my husband - british who recently relocated back to UK last Oct, home away for 5 years) + Additional driver (myself - who is holding a foreign passport and am here on a spouse visa)
    Home Insurance

Would you recommend:
    - To get a separate insurance or bundle?
    - which provider with reasonable rates (most of them jack up the prices for foreign resident that recently relocated to UK)

Thanks so much in advance.
Page 1
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Mar 18, 7:33 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 1,031 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:33 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 7:33 PM
    Every person is different, has different circumstances, and presents a different risk. Nobody can recommend who will be cheap for you and your husband. You need to use comparison sites to get quotes and then go with the cheapest that offers the coverage you want and need. It may be that £1,000 is just how much it will cost you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,904Users online

Martin's Twitter