Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• trfh
    • By trfh 12th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Parcel2Go not delivering service they sold
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    Parcel2Go not delivering service they sold 12th Mar 18 at 3:13 PM
    I just bought and paid for a service from Parcel2Go - which they then refused to fulfill. I am not sure whether its legal just to walk away from a contract freely entered into by both parties - but the only redress I will get is to warn others of their practices, and maybe reduce their income a bit.

I have ebay sale items to ship to Canada (a private sale, I am not a dealer). It weighed 22.7kg in two boxes, and the cost using OCS was around £65 through Parcel2Go. That's a lot less than any comparable service I am aware of - next cheapest was £92. Trouble is that I billed my buyer for that shipping cost - and I now have to go back and ask him for more money - so presumably I will be breaking a contract with him, because Parcel2Go messed up.

The problem showed up as no shipping labels being generated. I spent 82 minutes on their chatline trying to get to the bottom of it. They were unable (or unwilling) to admit what the problem actually was. They confirmed the parcels were within weight and size limits. They refused to consider either:
    1. Delaying the shipment while they sorted out any IT problem (if it was an IT problem)
    2. Fulfilling my order by using another of the many courier services they are agents for.

They insisted on cancelling the order, and providing a refund.

The moral of that story is that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 12th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 1,870 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    So you paid for the service on the Parcel2Go site @ £65 and the documents and labels section on the web site did not contain any labels?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • in my wellies
    • By in my wellies 12th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    in my wellies
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    Try Parcel Monkey and choose Parcel Force. I've used this to send to Canada, Israel and Russia without a problem
    There is a drop down to choose insurance cover you need. I always use it
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 12th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 520 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    Have you tried rebooking through Parcel2Go to see if it works second time around?
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 12th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    Depending on where its going in Canada, FedEx are quoting us £58 for 23kg in 1 shipment to Vancouver.

Also don't forget Air Freight is charged by Volumetric

• mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 12th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    • 5,432 Posts
    • 4,690 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:39 PM
    Did you print the labels at the time of booking, and fix them to the parcels?
    Were the parcels collected from you, or did you use a drop-off service?
    Where are the parcels now?
    Have you been refunded the £65?
    With complete information you may get a complete answer.
    A salary slave no more.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,901Posts Today

7,759Users online

Martin's Twitter