Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• kgill82
    • By kgill82 12th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    VCS Parking Charge
    • 12th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    VCS Parking Charge 12th Mar 18 at 9:55 AM
    Hi all,

Iím new to this thread so need a little help.

I was visiting a supplier recently and their car park was beyond full. There is no on road parking (all double yellow lines) and I noticed an empty office across the way. I saw no signs except one that instructed drivers to reverse park. I saw nothing relating to any parking restrictions.

I looked around for parking metres/pay and display boxes but there were none. I even popped a note in the windscreen to say that I would move the vehicle if needed.

I returned an hour or so later for a parking notice and later received a PCN from VCS for £100 (reduced to £60 if I pay in 14 days). It says it was Contravention 94) Parked without displaying a valid ticket/permit. But there was nowhere to obtain this. The office building was closed, and has a to let sign outside. There were no pay & display metres to get a ticket from either.

Should I pay this or appeal!? Looking on Google Images there was a sign back in April 2017 but I donít recall that sign being there end Feb 2018. Plus if the office is empty, why would VCS still be monitoring the car park?

The area was unit 7 Boundary Court in Castle Donington.

Hope you can help.

Concerned Driver.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 34,761 Posts
    • 18,786 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this..

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something completely anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    • 16,875 Posts
    • 26,412 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:09 AM
    Plus if the office is empty, why would VCS still be monitoring the car park?
    If it's obviously empty, there's more of a temptation to fly-park there, then there's more money to be made by VCS. That's why they are still 'monitoring' it. Whether they still have a contract to do so if the entire site serviced by the car park has been abandoned, that's an interesting question. But not for now.

As Q advises, the NEWBIES FAQ sticky is your first port of call. Post #1 will be enough to start you off. But please note, it is not a skim-read.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 8,530 Posts
    • 7,937 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

8,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have you planned how to finance your funeral? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll...

• If you're coming to the ideal home show today, I'm taking at 2. Do come along. To whet the appetite, here's a pic f?

• Today's twitter poll: When u see a disabled toilet, whether in a restaurant, station or elsewhere, if there's no ot?

• Follow Martin