Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Gaza88
    • By Gaza88 11th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Parking fine dip dabbing
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    Parking fine dip dabbing 11th Mar 18 at 7:20 PM
    Hi I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask for some advice. Iv been given a letter from the court regarding a failed payment for a parking fine. This dates back to 2016 but I haven't received any documentation through the post until the court letter came through.
    The car park itself uses cctv to register your arrival and exit however it does not always pick up the car registration, I was told this is something like dip dabbing. There are days when I have gone in for a short space of time and returned later on in the day and I believe this could be the cause of the ticket not registering my car on arrival or when leaving.
    I need to build a defence online as I have gone down the government gateway route for money claims.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 54,836 Posts
    • 68,508 Thanks
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 7:21 PM
    You mean you have a court claim, from a parking firm?

Show us your defence after reading post #2 of NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 41,210 Posts
    • 82,272 Thanks
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    It's called double dipping. Two visits occur but the not fit for purpose ANPR matches the first entry with the last exit and ignores the other two occurrences.
    It's a know flaw but parking companies use them because these flaws generate them an income.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 18, 12:28 AM
    • 8,513 Posts
    • 7,903 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:28 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 12:28 AM
    They would be mad to tke this in front of a judge, read some of these. cvid=d36460fe05384850a7d4f70bcae8b304&cc=GB&setlan g=en-GB&elv=AY3%21uAY7tbNNZGZ2yiGNjfMbrNNWfFeSCYud6KmgY 1WVD3LcaPQRZ32l8aHYNqGjDRwLsBpAbPUhOCnO9oWuPQhUfBe tGrF4yNDqLTFkKoFs&PC=ACTS

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,051Posts Today

8,981Users online

Martin's Twitter