Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Mortifiedpenguin
    • By Mortifiedpenguin 11th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    New build negotiation.
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    New build negotiation. 11th Mar 18 at 12:34 PM
    Hi all.
    Currently looking at buying a new build property. 4 bedroom, Value 379,995, developer Robertson homes. Me and my girlfriend each own individual properties, with mine valued st 140k- 150k and hers at 300k - 315k. It should also be noted that we are both mortgage free. So between us we have more than enough equity and we donít need to sell before we buy, as her parents have offered us a bridging loan so we can buy when we want. Approached Robertson a few weeks back they had a house advertised for sale on their website at 366,000, with full flooring package, carpets and tiles, and land tax being paid because it was the end of the year approaching, and the plot was complete so no kitchen on bathroom choices. When we called to enquiry we were told to come and view which we did., only to bget told that the offer was no longer available because they had offered someone a part exchange on it. We were then told that the sam house type was available round the corner. The catch being the value increases to 379,995 and they wonít pay the land tax. We are very interested in buying the house, and donít want to lose it. But the sales person insists there can be no negotiation on the price and the best she can offer is the flooring package included. We left it a few days and she contacted us yesterday, I stated we were still interested but would need a better offer to proceed. She hasnít gotten back a yet. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on next steps?
Page 1
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 11th Mar 18, 12:36 PM
    • 8,583 Posts
    • 9,385 Thanks
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:36 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 12:36 PM
    Come up with a last offer telling them what you want, put it in writing, leave it with them but let them know in the meantime you are looking elsewhere.

BTW you keep saying the "value" of this house is so-and-so. Its not. Its the current price.
    • Mortifiedpenguin
    • By Mortifiedpenguin 11th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 1:45 PM
    Yeah I know the value and price are different. Just poor word choice on my part.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

917Posts Today

7,367Users online

Martin's Twitter