Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Manc lad
    • By Manc lad 10th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Manc lad
    Leaving job
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    Leaving job 10th Mar 18 at 9:33 AM
    Hi just looking for some advice, after handing in my weeks notice at work by contract ends next friday am i right in thinking il be paid 2 weeks wages that day. Ie weeks wage and a my week in hand or will i be due a payday the week after. Many thanks
Page 1
    • Ja7188
    • By Ja7188 10th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 9:39 AM
    Look at your contract of employment, which should state pay dates. You can expect to be paid on the normal pay run, which for most companies will be on the last working day of the month - in this scenario, I very much doubt they'll pay you any earlier.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 10th Mar 18, 4:35 PM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 10,946 Thanks
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:35 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 4:35 PM
    When I!!!8217;ve worked a week in hand before I always got paid the payday a week after I left, not two at once, but it!!!8217;s entirly dependent on your workplace
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 19,061 Posts
    • 19,495 Thanks
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 11th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    Yes, I'm afraid this is individual to the employer, and based on what your contract says, which obviously no-one on here knows......
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    • StevenB12
    • By StevenB12 12th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 12th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    Individual to the employer as far as I know and from my experience.

I left my previous employer about 3 weeks ago, luckily I left two days before my regular pay day, and I was paid on that date and not the day I left.

The employer I left before that I left mid month and was not paid until 2 weeks later on what my original pay date would have been.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,077Posts Today

8,577Users online

Martin's Twitter