Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 9th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 10,666Posts
    • 7,561Thanks
    Win 10 mail app problems
    • 9th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    Win 10 mail app problems 9th Mar 18 at 4:20 PM
    I couldn't get the Win 10 mail & calendar app to work today, it just wouldn't start nor could I get it to reset using the app reset function.

After googling I decided to uninstall the app completely using Windows Powershell and re-install from the Windows Store. Whilst the uninstall completely removed it from all users of the PC when I came to install it again from Windows Store it only installed for the current user, I was kind of hoping it would be available for all users. Has anyone else experienced this?
Page 1
    • H1a3rt
    • By H1a3rt 9th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    Default apps are available for all users but the fact you have uninstalled / reinstalled is a different story because as far as I am aware you can't install apps for all users.

The program still exits so an easy fix would be to drag icon for the app in question to the desktop to make a shortcut. Copy the shortcut to C:\users\Public\desktop.
    All users should now have access to the app via a desktop shortcut.
    Last edited by H1a3rt; 09-03-2018 at 5:48 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

8,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have you planned how to finance your funeral? Please vote in this week's MSE site poll...

• If you're coming to the ideal home show today, I'm taking at 2. Do come along. To whet the appetite, here's a pic f?

• Today's twitter poll: When u see a disabled toilet, whether in a restaurant, station or elsewhere, if there's no ot?

• Follow Martin